- Present new ideas by relating them to pre-existing knowledge held by the learners
- Teach at the learners' level not over their heads
- Show in a specific way how new material will benefit learners
- Encourage appropriate questions and motivate involvement
- Show tolerance - both to ignorance and disagreement thus avoiding arguments and confrontation
- Build learners' self esteem
- Call the learners by name
- Involve learners in the learning process through planned activities
- Use a variety of teaching methods
- Teach to all participants, not just to those who show interest
- Present key points by using examples as illustrations
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.