- Present new ideas by relating them to pre-existing knowledge held by the learners
- Teach at the learners' level not over their heads
- Show in a specific way how new material will benefit learners
- Encourage appropriate questions and motivate involvement
- Show tolerance - both to ignorance and disagreement thus avoiding arguments and confrontation
- Build learners' self esteem
- Call the learners by name
- Involve learners in the learning process through planned activities
- Use a variety of teaching methods
- Teach to all participants, not just to those who show interest
- Present key points by using examples as illustrations
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Learn more on our .