(1) Continuing Education Requirement. Effective January 1, 1999 no license of a real estate broker or salesperson will be renewed unless they verify, in a form and manner determined by the Board, that they have completed the continuing education requirements established in M.G.L. c. 112, § 87XX 1/2.
(2) Educational Curriculum. The Board shall publish the curriculum which will form the basis of the continuing education requirement and may change such curriculum from time to time as necessary, consistent with M.G.L. c. 112, § 87XX 1/2.
(3) Verification Of Compliance. With each renewal of their license, a broker or salesperson must certify to the Board that they have completed the 12 hours of continuing education in the curriculum published by the Board pursuant to 254 CMR 5.02. Authorized schools shall maintain records for each individual broker or salesperson who has completed the continuing education curriculum for a period of at least three years following completion of the curriculum.
(4) Inactive Status. Licensed brokers and salespersons who fail to comply with the continuing education requirement shall have their license placed on an inactive status by the Board. Brokers and salespersons designated inactive are prohibited from practicing as such. An inactive broker may receive a referral fee from a licensed active real estate broker when making a referral of a person to such licensed active broker. Nothing herein shall authorize inactive real estate brokers and salespersons to engage in brokering as defined in M.G.L. c.112, § 87PP.
(5) Recording Of Inactive License Status. Licensees placed on an inactive status shall not be issued a license.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.