Instructions for INSTRUCTOR license application
- Please read all instructions before starting your application. This is an application for a Sheet Metal Instructor License. To qualify for an Instructor License candidates must have a master or journeyperson sheet metal workers license, have a minimum of seven years of sheet metal experience and be of good moral character. Your application must include a recent 2” x 2” color passport photo.
- You may print and mail in a copy of this application or you can apply and pay on-line. We recommend that you open an on-line account using the Massachusetts E-Licensing and E-Permitting Portal. This will allow you to apply for licenses, make on-line payments, apply for permits, renew your license and update your contact information through your on-line account on-line.
- If you have any questions, contact the Board before sending the application. Incomplete applications will only remain open for 180 days after which a new application and fee is required. For a link to the latest email and telephone information see www.mass.gov/dpl/boards/sm .
- If you are ineligible for a Social Security Number, contact the Board for instructions.
- Please note the address that you choose as your mailing address is public record and will be released to anyone upon request.
- If you have been convicted of a crime you must list all offenses inclusive of OUI, DUI, and Operating after/with suspended license or registration. Dispositions of “continued without finding” (“CWOF”) or “admission to sufficient of facts” must be reported. Do not include minor traffic offense(s).
- Please mail or upload your CORI authorization form available on the Board website.
- Please submit payment on-line or send a check or money order for $ 75.00 in U.S. funds made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The fee is not refundable. Please note that your application will not be processed without the correct fee. The initial fee includes both application processing and your first license.
Donwnoad PDF Form Apply Online