27 August 2012 – Agenda
9:30 a.m., Room 1-G, 1000 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118
The agenda set forth below will be followed at the regular meeting of the Sheet Metal Workers Board of Examiners to be held on Monday, August 27, 2012.
1) The Chairman to call the meeting to order at 9:30 a.m.
Fire Alarm Evacuation Procedure – exit conference room / waiting room
area, return to main lobby, exit to through main lobby doors to either
Washington St. or Harrison Ave. and proceed south to Graybar
3) Consideration of minutes:
- Board minutes – June 18, 2012
- Executive Session minutes – June 18, 2012
- Subcommittee minutes – July 19, 2012
4) Update on Sheet Metal Code (P.Kelly)
5) Update on sheet metal / metal roofing exams (P.Kelly)
6) Discuss proposed revisions to the restricted sheet metal license (P.Kelly)
An individual holding a J-2 (Restricted Journeyperson) license may independently perform Sheet Metal Work under the following classifications:
a. J-2 (SM) – limited to residential dwellings no greater than three stories and non-residential projects up to and including 10,000 square feet and are no greater than two stories.
b. J-2 (R) – limited to commercial and industrial architectural watershed roof systems.
c. J-2 (AB) – limited to air balancing of sheet metal systems.
d. J-2 (P) – limited to the production and fabrication of sheet metal components for wholesale/supply house businesses that are not engaged in the field installation of sheet metal systems.
7) Update on state sheet metal inspections / upcoming projects (F.Polese)
8) Executive session – applicant interviews (Closed Session)
9) Investigative Conference (Closed Session)
10) Next scheduled Board meeting is Monday, September 17, 2012
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.