18 September 2012 – Agenda
9:30 a.m., Room 1-G, 1000 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118
The agenda set forth below will be followed at the regular meeting of the Sheet Metal Workers Board of Examiners to be held on Tuesday, September 18, 2012.
1) The Chairman to call the meeting to order at 9:30 a.m.
Fire Alarm Evacuation Procedure – exit conference room / waiting room area, return to main lobby, exit to through main lobby doors to either Washington St. or Harrison Ave. and proceed south to Graybar parking lot
3) Consideration of minutes:
- Board minutes – June 18, 2012
- Executive Session minutes – June 18, 2012
- Board minutes – July 19, 2012
- Subcommittee minutes – July 19, 2012
- Board minutes – August 27, 2012
- Subcommittee minutes – August 27, 2012
4) Specialty sheet metal contractor presentation (various contractors)
5) Update on Sheet Metal Code (P.Kelly)
6) Update on sheet metal / metal roofing exams (P.Kelly)
7) Discuss proposed revisions to the restricted sheet metal license (P.Kelly)
An individual holding a Restricted Journeyperson license may independently perform Sheet Metal Work under the following classifications:
a. J-2 (SM) – limited to residential dwellings no greater than three stories and non-residential projects up to and including 10,000 square feet and are no greater than two stories.
b. J-3 (R) – limited to commercial and industrial architectural watershed roof systems.
c. J-4 (AB) – limited to air balancing of sheet metal systems.
d. J-5 (P) – limited to the production and fabrication of sheet metal components for wholesale/supply house businesses that are not engaged in the field installation of sheet metal systems.
8) Update on state sheet metal inspections / upcoming projects (F.Polese)
9) Executive session – applicant interviews (Closed Session)
10) Investigative Conference (Closed Session)
11) Next scheduled Board meeting is Monday, October 15, 2012