271 CMR 6.00 governs the requirements for the installation, alteration, removal, replacement, repair, or construction of all sheet metal.
As used in 271 CMR 6.00, the following term, unless a contrary meaning is required by the context or is specifically prescribed, shall have the following meaning:
International Mechanical Code: The version of the International Mechanical Code adopted by the Board of Building Regulations and Standards pursuant to 780 CMR 28.00.
6.03: Adoption of Relevant Codes and Modifications
(1) Adoption of Relevant Codes. The Uniform Sheet Metal Installation Rules shall be:
(a) The International Mechanical Code
(b) The following portions of the Massachusetts Building Code as adopted by the Board of Building Regulations and Standards:
1. 780 CMR 12.00: Interior Environments
2. 780 CMR 13.00: Energy Conservation
3. 780 CMR 15.00: Roof Assemblies and Roof Top Structures
4. 780 CMR 58.00: Roof‑ceiling Construction
5. 780 CMR 59.00: Roof Assemblies
6. 780 CMR 60.00: Chimneys, Fireplaces and Solid Fuel Burning
7. 780 CMR 61.00: Energy Efficiency
8. 780 CMR 62.00: Mechanical Administration
9. 780 CMR 63.00: General Mechanical System Requirements
10. 780 CMR 64.00: Heating and Cooling Equipment
11. 780 CMR 65.00: Exhaust Systems
12. 780 CMR 66.00: Duct Systems
13. 780 CMR 67.00: Combustion Air
14. 780 CMR 68.00: Chimneys and Vents
(2) Relation to Building Code. Unless in conflict with the codes adopted by 271 CMR, licensees practicing within the scope of their license must adhere to any other installation requirements found in the State Building Code adopted pursuant to M.G.L. c. 143, s 94.
271 CMR 6.00: M.G.L. c. 112, ss 237 through 251.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.