Posted on: September 19, 2017 at 12:30 p.m.
25 September 2017 – Agenda
1000 Washington Street,
Boston, MA 02118
The agenda set forth below will be followed at the Board’s Code Subcommittee meeting to be held on Monday, September 25, 2017 immediately following the regular 7:30 am Board meeting.
1) Call the meeting to order
2) Housekeeping / Announcements:
Fire Alarm Evacuation Procedure – exit conference room / waiting room area, return to main lobby, take a right through main lobby doors to Harrison Ave. and proceed across the street towards Whole Foods Market
3) Overview / history of the Board’s code development (P.Kelly / C.Kilb)
4) Overview of the Board’s jurisdiction / outstanding conflicts (P.Kelly / C.Kilb)
5) Massachusetts Sheet Metal Code Development
b) National Codes and Standards vs. Home Grown Code
c) Code Amendments – front end vs. embedded
d) Adopting National Codes and Standards – Copyright issues
6) Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair 48-hours prior to the meeting
Reasonable accommodations or modifications will be provided to individuals with disabilities to participate in the meeting taking place on the date listed above. All requests should be directed to Cheryl Yebba by calling 617-727-4992 or TTY/TDD: (617) 727-2099 by no later than a week prior to the meeting. While the Board will attempt to honor all requests, those requests received less than 24 hours prior to the meeting may not be provided due to feasibility.
Please note if state offices are closed due to inclement weather or any other type of local or state emergency this meeting will also be cancelled. You can find notices of any state office closings on www.mass.gov .