Social Worker Applications
If you want a copy mailed to you, please call the Association of Social Work Boards (aswb.org) at 866-527-2384 (toll free).
Renewal materials are not available on-line. Contact the Board office at 617 727-3073 to request a duplicate renewal form. All renewals are sent to the current address on file approximately 90 days prior to the expiration date of the license.
Applicants for social work licenses, including applicants for initial licensure, re-licensure, and those applicants submitting updated applications, may now apply online through the website of the Board of Registration of Social Workers' application vendor, the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB). To do so, please click the link above which will re-direct you to ASWB's website.
- New applicants and reciprocity applicants
- For applicants previously licensed as Social Workers in Massachusetts with a license lapsed 1) More than one year, but less than two years, OR 2) More than two years
- An application approval and examination authorization must have been in effect within the past 12-months
- The Online Change of Address feature allows you to change your address of record listed in our database. To use this function, you must provide certain information for authorization.
- This PDF form maybe used to request a name change, address change or a duplicate license.
- Note: The Health Care Fraud Application is for use by insurance companies and fraud agencies.