The Board of Registration in Veterinary Medicine (Board) approved continuing education activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
I. Successful completion of an educational program, course, seminar, or workshop meeting the requirements of 256 CMR 9.03(1) and endorsed or sponsored by the following organizations are approved for continuing education hours:
- Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE);
- Boards of Veterinary Medicine licensure of other states;
- Academic courses or continuing education programs offered by an approved school of Veterinary Medicine; or
- Continuing education programs offered by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), any state veterinary medical association, or other organizations so designated by the Board.. The Board has designated the following organizations as approved providers for continuing education hours:
1. AVMA Allied Organizations:
- American Animal Hospital Association – AAHA
- American Association of Avian Pathologists AAAP
- American Association of Bovine Practitioners AABP
- American Association of Equine Practitioners AAEP
- American Association of Feline Practitioners AAFP
- American Association of Food Hygiene Veterinarians AAFHV
- American Association of Industrial Veterinarians AAIV
- American Association of Small Ruminant Practitioners AASRP
- American Association of Swine Veterinarians AASV
- American Association of Veterinary Clinicians AAVC
- American Society of Laboratory Animal Practitioner ASLAP
- Association of Avian Veterinarians AAV
2. AVMA recognized veterinary specialty organizations (RVSO):
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American Board of Veterinary Toxicology
- American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine
- American College of Poultry Veterinarians
- American College of Theriogenologists
- American College of Veterinary Anesthesiologists
- American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
- American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
- American College of Veterinary Dermatology
- American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American College of Veterinary Microbiologists
- American College of Veterinary Nutrition
- American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- American College of Zoological Medicine
- American Veterinary Dental College
II. Successful completion of a residency training program in the process of board certification in an AVMA specialty board or college, or successful completion of an organized internship with a Board approved provider. The Board has designated AVMA RVSO (AVMA recognized veterinary specialty organizations) accepted veterinary internship programs approved for continuing education activities.
Amended by the Board on April 12, 2012
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.