- 8.01: Acts Performed Under Immediate Supervision
- 8.02: Acts Performed Under Direct Supervision
- 8.03: Acts Performed Without Direct or Immediate Supervision
8.01: Acts Performed Under Immediate Supervision
An assistant or veterinary technician shall be authorized to perform the following acts only under the immediate supervision of a licensed veterinarian on the premises:
Administering federally-controlled substances as anesthetics.
8.02: Acts Performed Under Direct Supervision
(1) Bandaging, except in an emergency;
(2) Cleaning and polishing teeth;
(3) Placing an in-dwelling catheter or endotracheal tube; and
(4) Diagnostic imaging.
8.03: Acts Performed Without Immediate or Direct Supervision
An assistant or veterinary technician may perform the following acts without the immediate or direct supervision of a licensed veterinarian on the premises:
(1) Administering injections, oral and topical medicine, except federally-controlled anesthetics, as directed by a licensed veterinarian;
(2) Bandaging and first aid in an emergency;
(3) Drawing blood samples as directed by a licensed veterinarian; and
(4) Laboratory procedures as directed by a licensed veterinarian.
256 CMR 8.00: M.G.L. c. 112, §§ 54 and 58.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.