- No application shall be filed unless and until the applicant shall demonstrate that he/she has 2 years experience performing services in connection with adjusting of property losses.
To determine whether an applicant meets this qualification for licensure as a public insurance adjuster, the Division may consider a combination of additional factors including, but not limited to, the following:
- Experience working for a public insurance adjuster, a company adjuster, or an independent insurance adjuster performing services in connection with adjusting of property loss claims.
- Experience working in building construction, construction estimating, building rehabilitation, or building restoration in connection with property loss claims.
- Experience working with insurance claims including claim negotiation, claim appraisal, claim estimating, or property damage assessment involving the settlement or adjustment of property loss claims on behalf of an insurance company.
Applicants should submit evidence to substantiate any work experience or educational achievement stated on their applications. The Division may request additional documentation, needed to verify an applicant's work experience and/or educational achievement. A public insurance adjuster license will be issued only if an applicant demonstrates to the satisfaction of the commissioner, adequate "knowledge of building construction techniques and materials, claims adjusting, as well as knowledge of relevant insurance principles and coverage."
The applicant must pass the adjuster licensing examination administered by Prometric. Contact Prometric at http://www.Prometric.com or call 800-741-9380 to schedule your written examination.
- The applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- No insurance license issued to the applicant has ever been revoked or suspended.