IntroductionIn addition to the Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation and its agencies, local governments and other state agencies regulate businesses, professions and specific business activities. Some regulations and licensing requirements are established by state law, but administered at the local level. The federal government also regulates businesses and certain professions.
- A complete list of state regulations.
- The Code of Massachusetts Regulations, published by Secretary of the Commonwealth, is the official version of state regulations. The Code is not available online; the entire code, or specific sections, may be purchased at the state bookstore.
- General laws of Massachusetts.
- Many cities and towns make their codes, bylaws and ordinances available online. Find links by city or town on this Massachusetts Trial Court Law Library web page.
- Has information on licensing & permitting to start, grow & relocate your business.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.