- Information for employees and select departments regarding eligibility and options for the tax-deferred savings plan.
- General information about processing contracted employees.
- Job aid containing instructions on how to process final payments for earned wages, leave buyouts, and lump sum payments; and how to process payments made in a calendar year following an employee's death.
Direct Deposit Stops
For emergencies TRE can attempt to stop a direct deposit if notified 2 days prior to the HRCMS deposit date (deposit date is usually the Friday Payday).
Otherwise most Reversals of Direct Deposits take about 10 days before TRE can reissue the payment.
- HR/CMS Job Aid that describes how to pay an employee during a pay period when the employee’s earnings from HR/CMS are less than expected.
- HR/CMS Job Aid that describes how to provide an employee with an approved travel advance.
- Contains links to three documents: 1) the Comptroller's Medicare Tax policy, 2) guidelines to assist departments in determining an employee's Medicare tax status, and 3) an explanation of the HMTAX010 Medicare report which lists employee IDs that have inconsistent Medicare status during the calendar year.
- Implementation instructions and related documents regarding pay and other benefits for state employees called up for active military duty, and tax information for members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Reminder of forms that need to be completed upon hire and verification of SSN# and tax statuses.
- Information on parking, transit, and car benefits.
- Receipt Vouchers are recoupments or payments back to the Payroll System to correct employee earnings, tax, and other balances.
- Payments to employees for job-related expenses only.
- A variety of items and activities the Department of the Treasury is responsible for pertaining to payroll, including instructions on how to stop payment on a check or direct deposit, the prenote process for direct deposit, and more.