New Hires must:
Departments are reminded:
- To verify the SSN to Name. (This does not verify eligibility to work.) The SSA telephone number is 1-800-772-6270. If a mismatch is identified, a corrected W4 must be completed.
- To use the I9 Form when verifying Identity and Proof of Work Eligibility (NOTE: The group A List has been reduced from 10 to 6 allowable forms of documentation.) The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the authority on all matters relating to immigration, naturalization and work eligibility.
- When an existing HRCMS EMPLID is available, validate both Name and SSN.
- Verify UI/UHI eligibility and set-up. Instructions available on the Tax Information Page.
- Verify Medicare eligibility and set-up. Instructions available on the Tax Information Page.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.