Latest update includes:
- MMARS 3.9 Upgrade News
- Periodic Allotment
- Self Service Time and Attendance Notice for Patriots Day, Monday, April 21
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – What to do if Your Identity is Stolen?
- 2014 MASSbuys EXPO Educational Workshops May 1
- Revised “Reconciling a Federal Grant” Class Session Added May 15
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Specifying Event Exceptions
MMARS 3.9 Upgrade News
The MMARS 3.9 Upgrade is scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend, May 24 through May 26, with the 3.9 system coming up live on Tuesday May 27. This week we sent out the first of a new weekly series of news bulletins called “MMARS Monday”. MMARS Monday will be sent each Monday to CFOs and MMARS Liaisons, hosted on our Intranet, and referenced in the eUpdate.
On or about Monday, April 14, the Executive Office for Administration and Finance will process the sixth periodic allotment of FY2014 to increase the expenditure ceiling in budgetary accounts to 100% (a two-month allotment).
Agency staff are asked to make ANF budget analysts aware of any requested ad hoc allotments as soon as possible, but no later than the Wednesday prior to the Tuesday ad hoc, to ensure that it can be reviewed by ANF staff in a timely fashion.
Self Service Time and Attendance Notice for Patriots Day, Monday, April 21
In preparation for the Patriots Day Holiday on Monday, April 21, we ask all online users to enter their time by close of business on Wednesday, April 16, for approvers to approve the time by noon on Thursday, April 17, and for HR/Payroll to complete secondary approvals by noon on Friday, April 18.
Since TCD employees cannot pre-load their time for the week, the regular reporting and approval schedule will apply. The Employee Service Center will be staffed on Patriots Day to support TCD Approvers and to provide necessary outreach to ensure time is approved prior to the payroll run. TCD Approvers that are not working on Patriots Day must make arrangements to ensure time is approved.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will occur on Tuesday, April 15, and will delete rejected documents entered before February 1. If you have documents entered before February 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available on Saturday, April 12, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, April 14.
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – What to do if Your Identity is Stolen?
Every day there are more and more stories about scams, credit card and identify theft. If you find yourself a victim, what should you do? The Federal Trade Commission has a free step-by-step resource “Taking Charge: What to do if Your Identity is Stolen”.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
2014 MASSbuys EXPO Educational Workshops May 1
One of the many features at MASSbuys is the opportunity to educate. You can learn not only from the more than 375 vendors on Statewide Contracts in the exhibit hall, but also from the 18 educational workshops being offered. Whether you are new to procurement and purchasing, a seasoned professional, or someone who utilizes the programs and services from state contracts, these sessions will have something to offer you. Featuring leaders in state government from across the Commonwealth, topics include: Professional Development, Negotiations, COMMBUYS, How to Use Statewide Contracts, and many more.
Workshops will be held in the morning beginning at 9:00 A.M. and again in the afternoon at 1:00 P.M. Register now at: MASSbuys EXPO.. For complete Educational Workshop descriptions, please visit the MASSbuys Workshop page. If you have any questions, contact: OSDtraining@state.ma.us. You must register for both the MASSbuys EXPO and the Educational Workshops separately.
The MASSbuys EXPO is scheduled for May 1 at the DCU Center in Worcester and is FREE to attend. Registration includes complimentary breakfast, lunch, bus service from Boston to Worcester, and parking in designated facilities. Don't miss your opportunity to join over 3000 attendees and exhibitions at the Commonwealth’s largest Business to Government event! To learn more visit our website at www.mass.gov/osd/massbuys.
Revised “Reconciling a Federal Grant” Class Session Added May 15
If you are new to Federal Grants Reconciliation, or just need a refresher, the class was recently updated and focuses on the Automated Central Draw Process, the MMARS tables available for reconciliation, and reporting tools. The April 17 class is full; due to popular demand we’ve added an additional session on Thursday May 15 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Register via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule.
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, April 11, 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, April 15, 9:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Wednesday, April 16, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Thursday, April 24, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Specifying Event Exceptions
An employee’s Appointment Accounting specifies how all charges will post for that employee. Certain events, such as Travel Reimbursements, may require a different distribution of charges. The way that the exception is defined depends on the scope of the exception:
- Use an EPPA for an exception that applies only for a specific pay period for a specific employee
- Modify the employee’s Appointment Accounting via a DEPTE to include Event Accounting lines for exceptions that always apply for a specific employee.
- Request a Department Event Accounting (DEACC) rule for exceptions that always apply to all employees in a department.