Latest update includes:
- Standard Contract Form Updated 3/21/20014
- Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 9
- MMARS Unavailable Saturday
- Reconciling a Federal Grant - Revised Class
- New Guidance for Vendors – “How to Use VendorWeb” Job Aid
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – Tax-Related Identity Theft
- 2014 MASSbuys EXPO Educational Workshops May 1
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Creating Payments - Two Methods
Standard Contract Form Updated 3/21/20014
The Standard Contract Form was updated on 3/21/2014 to reflect the change from OSD’s Comm-PASS system to the new COMMBUYS system. Departments should begin transitioning to the new form dated 3/21/2014. Old forms in process do not need to be updated.
Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 9
The fringe benefit, payroll tax and indirect cost chargebacks for Accounting Period 9 (March), FY2014, will be run this Saturday, April 5. All eligible expenditures processed during Accounting Period 9 will be subject to these assessments.
Departments should ensure that the budget structure tables for appropriated (payroll tax only), federal grants and other non-budgetary accounts are properly established so these charges post without rejecting under object codes D09 (fringe benefits and payroll taxes) and E16 (indirect costs).
MMARS Unavailable Saturday
MMARS and LCM will be unavailable on Saturday, April 5, due to scheduled system processing.
Reconciling a Federal Grant - Revised Class
If you are new to Federal Grants Reconciliation or just need a refresher, join us on April 17 to learn about reconciliation. The class was recently updated and focuses on the Automated Central Draw Process, the MMARS tables available for reconciliation, and reporting tools.
Register via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule.
New Guidance for Vendors – “How to Use VendorWeb” Job Aid
Departments are encouraged to share the How to Use VendorWeb job aid with their Vendor contacts.
This job aid is an easy to follow and informative guide which shows Vendors how to:
• Log into VendorWeb
• Find scheduled payments from specific departments
• Find payments for a specific date range
• View Payment History by payment or by department
• View Payment History since 1/1/2011
• Download payments to a spread sheet
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Tax-Related Identity Theft
An identity thief may use your Social Security number to get a tax refund or a job. Contact the IRS if they send you a notice saying their records show:
- You were paid by an employer you don't know.
- More than one tax return was filed using your Social Security number.
To learn more about tax-related identity theft, including what to do if it happens to you, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
2014 MASSbuys EXPO Educational Workshops May 1
One of the many features at MASSbuys is the opportunity to educate. You can learn not only from the more than 375 vendors on Statewide Contracts in the exhibit hall, but also from the 18 Educational Workshops being offered. Whether you are new to procurement and purchasing, a seasoned professional, or someone who utilizes the programs and services from state contracts, these sessions will have something to offer you. Featuring leaders in state government from across the Commonwealth, topics include: Professional Development, Negotiations, COMMBUYS, How to Use Statewide Contracts, and many more!
Workshops will be held in the morning beginning at 9:00 A.M. and again in the afternoon at 1:00 P.M. Register now at: MASSbuys EXPO.. For complete Educational Workshop descriptions, please visit the MASSbuys Workshop page. If you have any questions, contact: OSDtraining@state.ma.us. You must register for both the MASSbuys EXPO and the Educational Workshops separately.
The MASSbuys EXPO is scheduled for May 1, 2014 at the DCU Center in Worcester and is FREE to attend. Registration includes complimentary breakfast, lunch, bus service from Boston to Worcester and parking in designated facilities. Don't miss your opportunity to join over 3000 attendees and exhibitions at the Commonwealth’s largest Business to Government event! To learn more visit our website at www.mass.gov/osd/massbuys.
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS – Tuesday, April 8, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Wednesday, April 9, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, April 11, 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, April 15, 9:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Wednesday, April 16, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Federal Grant Activity Reconciliation – Thursday, April 17, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Thursday, April 24, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Creating Payments - Two Methods
There are two ways to create payment Requests:
- Copy/Forward from the Encumbrance – Reference information is forwarded from the encumbrance and when creating a PRC, it enables you to select relevant commodity lines in the encumbrance and only forward those commodity lines selected to the PRC.
- From the Document Catalog – When beginning in the document catalog, you must manually enter all required information.