Latest update includes:
- Periodic Allotment
- Processing Accounts Payable Payment Requests
- Verifying A DUNS Number
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Close/Open Key Dates August 18 - 25
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Copy a Document ID and Paste it into Another Document
On or about Monday, August 20, the Executive Office for Administration and Finance will process the second periodic allotment of FY2013 to increase the expenditure ceiling in budgetary accounts to 33.33% (a two-month allotment).
The next scheduled periodic allotment will be on or about October 15. At that time, ANF will determine whether the allotment will be for an additional 2 months.
Agency staff should make their ANF budget analysts aware of any requested ad hoc allotments as soon as possible to ensure that it can be reviewed in a timely fashion.
Processing Accounts Payable Payment Requests
During the Accounts Payable Period (July 1 - August 31), the following fields - Fiscal Year, Budget Fiscal Year and Accounting Period - must be completed for all payment requests. ALL accounts payable activities referencing Fiscal Year 2012 should be coded as Period 13. Please refer to the chart on page 59 of the Close/Open Instructions for complete coding guidance.
Verifying A DUNS Number
The Central Contractor Registration website (CCR.gov), which was used to verify a vendor's DUNS number, has been consolidated into sam.gov. To search for a DUNS number on sam.gov, click on "Search" and enter the DUNS number provided by the vendor. Alternately, a search may be done by business name.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, August 18 from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, August 20.
Close/Open Key Dates August 18 – 25
August 24, Friday: Final date for processing event type PR 20/21 CEC and GAEC documents.
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Wednesday, August 22, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, August 23, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Friday, August 24, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Recurring Payments for Beginners – Tuesday, August 28, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Wednesday, August 29, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Wednesday, September 5, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Thursday, September 6, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Copy a Document ID and Paste it into Another Document
To copy a Document ID number and past it into another document:
- Highlight the ID number.
- Press the CTRL + C keys at the same time to copy the Doc ID.
- Click on the field where you are going to paste the Document ID, i.e. the Doc ID field in the Document Catalog.
- Paste the copied Doc ID by pressing the CTRL + V keys at the same time.