Latest update includes:
- Encumbrance Suspension for Open Activity (Unspent) Roll and Lapse
- FY2014-32: 4th Quarter PPD Statistics Reports and FY2015 PPD Opportunities
- Funds Availability Checking for Pay Period Ending 8/23/2014
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Close/Open Key Dates August 23 - 30
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Training
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Enter Dates in MMARS
Encumbrance Suspension for Open Activity (Unspent) Roll and Lapse
The Contract Open Activity Roll (CT, PC, and RQS transactions) and Lapse (CT, EAV, GAE, GAP, IE, PC, RPO, and RQS transactions) will occur on the weekend of Saturday, August 30. MMARS will not be available that weekend.
In preparation for the Roll and Lapse; Departments must refrain from processing encumbrance transactions, including interfaces, from Thursday, August 28 until Monday, September 1. This includes entering, editing, validating or submitting CT, EAV, GAE, GAP, IE, PC, RPO, and RQS transactions.
Starting on Thursday, August 28, the Office of the Comptroller will be monitoring the Document Catalog to ensure that departments are not attempting to update any encumbrance transactions. Your cooperation with this process is greatly appreciated.
FY2014-32: 4th Quarter PPD Statistics Reports and FY2015 PPD Opportunities
CTR Memo FY2014-32 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo provides CFOs and MMARS Liaisons with updated information on the Prompt Payment Discount program, and continues to support departments to achieve further growth in discount. The departments’ utilization of the Commonwealth’s Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) program during FY2014 was excellent, with more opportunities for agencies to increase discount earnings in FY2015.
Funds Availability Checking for Pay Period Ending 8/23/2014
For FY2015 payroll charges, the Funds Availability process will enforce the usual rules for all Account Types. This pay period is the last Accounts Payable period for FY2014. Payroll Holds are required for all FY2014 payroll charges. When submitting a Payroll Hold, departments must include a justification as a comment and enter 2014 for Budget Fiscal Year, 2014 for Fiscal Year, and 13 for the Accounting Period in the Header.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, August 23, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, August 25.
August 25, Monday
- Last date to enter FINAL AP payroll for pay period ending 8/23/2014.
August 28, Thursday
- Open activity roll preparation - suspension of department ability to enter, edit, validate and submit CT, EAV, GAE, GAP, IE, PC, RPO, RQS and PH documents and interfaces.
August 29, Friday
- Final date to enter all EX for FY2014
- Open activity roll preparation - suspension of department ability to enter, edit, validate and submit CTs, EAV, GAE, GAP, IE, PC, RPO, RQS and PH documents and interfaces.
- All FY2014 payments to FINAL status.
- All FY2014 advances must be accounted for.
- All FY2014 payments on hold must be released or cancelled.
- Verify PRRV are approved in MMARS.
- All FY2014 Federal Grant Payments should disburse.
August 30, Saturday
- Lapse FY2014 encumbrances; encumbrance open activity roll (roll of unspent balance of 2014 lines for capital [2CN], trust [3TN], and federal funds [4FN]) .
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Training
Fraud Awareness and Prevention Training is part of The Office of the Comptroller’s mission to assist departments in assuring taxpayers that funds are expended as intended. Fraud prevention and detection must be a part of each employee’s job. Employees have the competing responsibilities of treating taxpayers as customers while simultaneously maintaining a skeptical eye for those who are attempting to defraud us. As technology continues to provide us with new tools to do our jobs, it provides those who would defraud us with these same tools. Information security competes with hackers who try to break into our systems. Social engineers will link bits of public information into a web of lies that will make them appear credible. They will attempt to use our employees to defraud us.
We must not become complacent.
“Incorporate into your businesses practices or performance metrics procedures to detect and prevent fraud.”
~ Martin Benison, Comptroller, Toolkit for Departments to Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse
View the Toolkit for Departments to Combat, Fraud Waste and Abuse: Toolkit for Departments
Fraud prevention and detection must be a part of each employee’s job. If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Tuesday, August 26, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Wednesday, August 27, 9:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, August 28, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Webcast Interdepartmental Chargebacks – Friday, August 29, 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M., Online Training
- LCM Management – Tuesday, September 9, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payroll User Group Meeting – Wednesday, September 10, 9:30 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 21st Floor Conference Room
- Webcast Payroll User Group Meeting – Wednesday, September 10, 9:30 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., Online Meeting
- Encumbrance Management – Thursday, September 11, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Thursday, September 11, 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled through August and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Enter Dates in MMARS
When entering dates in MMARS, the valid date format must be used in order for the information to be captured correctly by the warehouse. An example of the valid date format is mm/dd/yy.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.