Latest update includes:
- FY2013-06: Comptroller Office’s FY2013 MMARS Chargeback
- FY2013-07: FY2012 Fourth Quarter Prompt Payment Discount Statistics Reports and FY2013 PPD Opportunities
- Periodic Allotment
- Processing Accounts Payable Payment Requests
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Close/Open Key Dates August 11 - 18
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Major Program Table
FY2013-06: Comptroller Office’s FY2013 MMARS Chargeback
CTR Memo FY2013-06 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo provides guidance and information regarding the Office of the Comptroller’s MMARS Chargeback for FY2013 that supports the operation of the financial accounting and reporting system for the Commonwealth.
FY2013-07: FY2012 Fourth Quarter Prompt Payment Discount Statistics Reports and FY2013 PPD Opportunities
CTR Memo FY2013-07 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo provides CFOs and MMARS Liaisons with updated information on the Prompt Payment Discount program, and supports departments in pursuing further growth in discount earnings.
On or about Monday, August 20, the Executive Office for Administration and Finance will process the second periodic allotment of FY2013 to increase the expenditure ceiling in budgetary accounts to 33.33% (a two-month allotment).
The next scheduled periodic allotment will be on or about October 15. At that time, ANF will determine whether the allotment will be for an additional 2 months.
Agency staff are asked to make ANF budget analysts aware of any requested ad hoc allotments as soon as possible to ensure that it can be reviewed by ANF staff in a timely fashion.
Processing Accounts Payable Payment Requests
During the Accounts Payable Period (July 1 - August 31), the following fields - Fiscal Year, Budget Fiscal Year and Accounting Period - must be completed for all payment requests. ALL accounts payable activities referencing Fiscal Year 2012 should be Period 13. Please refer to the chart on page 59 of the Close/Open Instructions for complete coding guidance.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will be on August 15 and will delete rejected documents entered before June 1. If you have documents entered before June 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, August 11 from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, August 13.
Close/Open Key Dates August 11 – 18
August 13, Monday
- FY2012 Vendor Invoices due.
- Last day to enter accounts payable payroll for pay period ending 8/11.
August 14, Tuesday
- Final FY2012 payroll run.
August 15, Wednesday
- All event type PR 22 for CECs/GAECs must be offset.
August 16, Thursday
- Last day to complete reconciliation of reports NGA208W for June/Accounting period 12, 2012.
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, August 10, 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Online Training
- Webcast Interdepartmental Chargeback – Tuesday, August 14, 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Online Training
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, August 16, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Wednesday, August 22, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, August 23, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Friday, August 24, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Recurring Payments for Beginners – Tuesday, August 28, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Wednesday, August 29, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Major Program Table
The Major Program Table in MMARS contains the Federal Grant appropriation in the "Major Program Short Name" field. Please note this does not apply to Major Programs used with Capital Accounts. The Program (PROG) table in MMARS will list all the valid programs for each Major Program.