Latest update includes:
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Recognizing and Avoiding Spyware: What is Spyware?
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Major Program Table
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will occur on December 16 and will delete rejected documents entered before October 1. If you have documents entered before October 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available on Saturday, December 14, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, December 16.
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Recognizing and Avoiding Spyware: What is Spyware?
Despite its name, the term "spyware" doesn't refer to something used by undercover operatives, but rather by the advertising industry. In fact, spyware is also known as "adware." It refers to a category of software that, when installed on your computer, may send you pop-up ads, redirect your browser to certain websites, or monitor the websites that you visit. Some extreme, invasive versions of spyware may track exactly what keys you type. Attackers may also use spyware for malicious purposes.
Because of the extra processing, spyware may cause your computer to become slow or sluggish. There are also privacy implications:
- What information is being gathered?
- Who is receiving it?
- How is it being used?
Next Week’s Fact: “How Do You Know if There is Spyware on Your Computer?”
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Webcast Interdepartmental Chargebacks– Friday, December 13, 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Monday, December 16, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to LCM Warehouse – Tuesday, December 17, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Risk Management – Tuesday, December 17, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Friday, January 3, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Encumbrance Management – Tuesday, January 7, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Tuesday, January 7, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, January 9, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through January 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Major Program Table
The Major Program Table in MMARS contains the Federal Grant appropriation in the "Major Program Short Name" field. Please note this does not apply to Major Programs used with Capital Accounts. The Program (PROG) table in MMARS will list all the valid programs for each Major Program.