Latest update includes:
- FY2014-20: FY2014 2nd Quarter PPD Statistics Reports
- Periodic Allotment
- MMARS Saturday and Holiday Hours
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Grants Schemes
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Discard a Document
CTR Memo FY2014-20 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo provides CFOs and MMARS Liaisons with updated information on the Prompt Payment Discount program and provides support for departments to pursue further growth in discount earnings.
On or about Tuesday, February 18, the Executive Office for Administration and Finance will process the fifth periodic allotment of FY2014 to increase the expenditure ceiling in budgetary accounts to 83.33% (a two-month allotment).
The next scheduled periodic allotment will be on or about April 14. Agencies are asked to make ANF budget analysts aware of any requested ad hoc allotments as soon as possible, but no later than the Wednesday prior to the Tuesday allotment, to ensure that it can be reviewed by ANF staff in a timely fashion.
MMARS Saturday and Holiday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available on Saturday, February 15, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Tuesday, February 18.
MMARS and LCM will be available on Presidents Day, Monday, February 17, from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. A normal LCM cycle, but no financial cycle, will be run. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any holiday Help Desk calls will be returned on Tuesday, February 18.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will occur on February 18 and will delete rejected documents entered before December 1. If you have documents entered before December 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – Protect Yourself from Fraudulent Grants Schemes
Over the past few months, the Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR) has received inquiries and complaints from persons targeted by a fraudulent grants scheme. COFAR is not a grant making organization; and it will never request banking information, social security numbers, or other personally identifiable information to facilitate the issuance of a “grant.”
According to reports, the scammer contacts the victim and claims to represent COFAR. He or she is told that they have been selected to receive a government grant ranging from $5,000 to $25,000, and that to receive the grant money, a "processing fee" ranging from $150 to $700 is required. The victim is then asked to provide bank account information to pay the fee.
If you have received reports from anyone who may have been a victim of a government grant scam, please ask them to file a complaint with the FTC online; or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft, and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Friday, February 14, 9:00 A.M. –12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Conference Room B
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Tuesday, February 18, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, February 19, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Encumbrance Management – Thursday, February 20, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Thursday, February 20, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, February 21, 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- Intro to HR/CMS Payroll Warehouse – Wednesday, February 26, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Thursday, February 27, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, March 4, 9:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Risk Management – Wednesday, March 5, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Security Officers Briefing – Thursday, March 6, 9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 21st Floor Conference Room
- Webcast Security Officers Briefing – Thursday, March 6, 9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Meeting
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Discard a Document
Users with administrator security roles have the ability to discard documents on the Document Catalog. To discard a document:
- Search for and open the most recent version of a document using the Document Catalog.
- From the Action Menu, select Edit>Discard
Note: When you discard a document that has a version of Final, a Cancellation document is created to provide an audit trail for that document. You must submit the Cancellation document to Final. This will change the original document to Historical (Final). When you discard a document that has a version of Draft, the document is removed from the Document Catalog (a Cancellation document is not created because that document had not been submitted).