Latest update includes:
- FY2013-17: Tax and Payroll Updates for 2013
- W-2 and 1099 Forms Distribution
- Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Asset Misappropriation Defined
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – View History
FY2013-17: Tax and Payroll Updates for 2013
CTR Memo FY2013-17 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. HR/CMS must be updated to comply with a number of IRS and DOR requirements regarding employer responsibilities for Tax Year 2013. This memo highlights the requirements and the necessary department actions to be compliant, including recent changes in state and federal taxation.
Tax Year 2012 1099 Forms will be mailed on or before Monday, January 28. Vendors requesting 1099 reprints should be directed to log onto VendorWeb, click on the “1099” link on the left side of the screen, and select the tax year and type, if applicable.
Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
The quarterly re-synchronization for departmental budgets (Subsidiary Expense, Department Expense, and Department Revenue) was completed the weekend of January 19. MMARS budget structures were in-synch as of Sunday, January 20.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday January 26, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Tuesday, January 28.
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – Asset Misappropriation Defined
Asset Misappropriation is one of the three main categories of fraud and is defined as the theft or misuse of assets. Asset Misappropriation is the most common form of fraud and can range in severity from theft of company paper clips to multi-million dollar embezzlement schemes and everything in between.
Please visit the Fraud Prevention section of our Internal Controls Page for a link to the Toolkit for Departments to Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse and the Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse Brochure.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Friday, January 25, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Accounts Receivable for Beginners – Tuesday, January 29, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Thursday, January 31, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Monday, February 4, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, February 8, 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Encumbrance Management – Tuesday, February 12, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Tuesday, February 12, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, February 14, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2013.
MMARS Hint of the Week – View History
To access a document you've recently viewed in a current MMARS session, use the History link on the Secondary Navigation Panel.
- From the Secondary Navigation Panel, click History.
- A list of all documents viewed in this login session displays below the History link.
- Click the appropriate link from the list to access the document.
- Please note that your history information will be available only for each on-line session.