Latest update includes:
- FY2013-04: Official Opening of FY2013
- GAAP Accounts Receivable Reports
- Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Close FY2012/Open FY2013 News
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Payments on the DISRQ Table
FY2013-04: Official Opening of FY2013
CTR Memo FY2013-04 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. The FY2013 General Appropriation Act, Chapter 139 of the Acts of 2012, has been signed. This memo announces that July 10, 2012 is the official opening date of the accounting system. A deadline of July 27, 2012 is established for the alignment of encumbrances and expenditures with the enacted budget.
GAAP Accounts Receivable Reports
The following GAAP Accounts Receivable Reports are now available in the Financial Reporting Systems area of PartnerNet: NAR411WD and NAR411WU (for decentralized departments). The NAR411WD agrees with the Document Direct Report dated 7/9/2012; and the NAR411WU agrees with Document Direct Dated Report 7/10/2012 12:39AM.
Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
The quarterly re-synchronization for departmental budgets (Subsidiary Expense, Department Expense and Department Revenue) was completed the weekend of July 7. MMARS budget structures were in-synch as of Sunday, July 8.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, July 14 from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, July 16.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will be on July 16 and will delete rejected documents entered before May 1. If you have documents entered before May 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
July 16, Monday
- Last day to enter Accounts Payable payroll for pay period ending July 14.
July 20, Friday
- Balance Forward program begins after the nightly Financial cycle.
- Roll uncommitted balances for appropriation types 2CN, 3TN, and 3TX (excluding Federal Grants 4FN).
- Final HMBEN008 compensated absences balance report as of 6/30/2012 available on Document Direct for audit.
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Tuesday, July 17, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Wednesday, July 18, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Wednesday, July 18, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS – Thursday, July 19, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Vendor Management – Monday, July 23, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Tuesday, July 24, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to LCM Warehouse – Wednesday, July 25, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Access – Thursday, July 26, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Risk Management – Thursday, July 26, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Appropriation Management – Tuesday, July 31, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Thursday, August 2, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week – Payments on the DISRQ Table
Departments should not have payments on the Disbursement Request Table (DISRQ) scheduled beyond 43 days. To see if you have any payment scheduled beyond 43 days, run a DISRQ Query including the three-digit department code along with today's date plus 42 days (>mm/dd/yyyy in the Scheduled Payment Date field). Any payments the query returns will be on the table too long, may be late, and should be rescheduled. The above DISRQ query should be run daily