Latest update includes:
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Close FY2012/Open FY2013 News
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Find the Correct Commodity Code
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, June 23 from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, June 25.
Close of FY2012 Encumbrances
The official last day for processing any FY2012 encumbrances in MMARS is Saturday, June 30, 2012. All contract submissions must be received by CTR's Accounts Payable Bureau (APB) Contracts Unit by noon July 2.
Any FY2012 encumbrance transaction after 6/30/2012 is a late encumbrance. The ANF Platform should no longer be used. For further guidance, see the late encumbrance section starting on page 42 of the Close/Open Instructions.
There are three types of net zero dollar adjustments that are allowed from 7/1-8/31. (See explanation on page 43 of the Close/Open Instructions). All zero dollar adjustment requests should be emailed to: Comptroller.firstname.lastname@example.org
Close/Open Key Dates June 23 – 30
June 29, Friday
- Completed requests to pay prior year deficiencies out of FY2012 funds must be received in the Comptroller's Office by June 30.
- Target date for cleaning up any remaining REs and CRs that are not in final status
- Final day for departments to submit invoices for 2012 debt collection payments.
June 30, Saturday
- Irregular balances must be resolved in appropriation types 1CN, 1CS, 1RN, 1RS, 1IN, 1IS, 2CN, 3TN.
- Last day to receive goods, services, and other performances for FY2012.
- Last day to enter FY2012 payroll holds in MMARS.
- Last day to receive cash for FY2012.
- Accounts Receivable – Thursday, June 28, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Monday, July 9, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, July 10, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Encumbrance Management – Thursday, July 12, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Thursday, July 12, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Find the Correct Commodity Code
To find the correct commodity code, use the Commodity table. COMM is the Page Code for the Commodity table. When performing a search, use an asterisk before and after the name for better search results.