Latest update includes:
- MMARS 3.9 Upgrade News
- 2014/2015 Close/Open News
- Spam/Phishing Email Regarding HR/CMS
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – Planning a Summer Vacation?
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Frozen Document
MMARS 3.9 Upgrade News
The MMARS 3.9 Upgrade is scheduled for Memorial Day Weekend. MMARS 3.7 will be brought down at 2:00 PM on Friday, May 23. MMARS will be unavailable May 24 through May 26 with the 3.9 system coming up live on Tuesday, May 27.
CTR is pleased to announce a new MMARS 3.9 Navigation – Quick Reference document, available on our MMARS 3.9 Upgrade News Page. As we approach go live we recommend reviewing this document which provides an overview of new navigation features, options, and enhancements to the user experience.
In addition to the Navigation Guide, the MMARS 3.9 Upgrade News page on the Comptroller Intranet hosts copies of the MMARS Monday Newsletter and slides from the Weekly Wednesday Webcast.
Purge of “Draft” PC Documents
In preparation for the 3.9 MMARS upgrade, all PC encumbrances in “Draft” phase will be deleted by CTR at 2:00 PM on Friday, May 23. In order to avoid creating a new PC transaction after the conversion, departments should review the document catalog for all PC encumbrances in a “Draft” Phase and if valid, process it. No action is required for those that are not valid since CTR will be deleting these on Friday.
All other MMARS pend transactions will be rejected by CTR after 2:00 PM on Friday, May 23. Departments will be able to access and edit these rejected transactions in MMARS 3.9 on Tuesday, May 27.
Workflow Transaction Submission in Preparation for the Upgrade
Most transactions can be submitted until the system is brought down for the upgrade at 2:00 PM on Friday, May 23. In preparation for upgrade the MMARS transactions listed in the table below, which workflow to the Office of the Comptroller, must be submitted by the close of business Wednesday, May 21 to be reviewed and either processed to Final or Rejected with comments before the upgrade weekend. Departments cannot create or edit transactions listed in the table below from Thursday, May 22 through Monday, May 26. Any rejected transaction can be accessed and edited in MMARS 3.9 on Tuesday, May 27.
Transactions that must be submitted, along with the appropriate paperwork, by the close of business May 21:
Departments will not be able to submit interfaces for VCC, VCM, CT, PC, and WO transactions after 12:00 PM on Thursday, May 22.
Departments using Departmental Workflow must clear their worklists of pending transactions prior to the 2:00 PM deadline on Friday, May 23. CTR will reject any pending transaction in a Departmental worklist after 2:00 PM on Friday, May 23. Rejected transactions can be accessed and edited in MMARS 3.9 on Tuesday, May 27.
There will be minimum impacts to the CIW as a result of the upgrade. Views that are impacted by the MMARS 3.9 Upgrade:
- Views with size changes
- Views with columns no longer being updated
For status updates please visit the CIW website at http://www.iw.state.ma.us
If you have any questions concerning these impacts please contact the CIW Business Team at ITD-DL-CIWBUSINESSANALYSTS@MassMail.State.MA.US
Presentation, Instructions, and Department Key Dates Posted
The 2014/2015 Close/Open Meeting Presentation, Instructions, and Department Key Dates have been posted to the Close/Open page of the CTR Web Portal.
Close/Open Key Dates May 16 – 27
May 16, Friday
- FY2014/FY2015 Close Open Meeting at UMASS Medical Center Worcester, 9:30-12:00
May 20, Tuesday
- Departments should complete any 2015 Departmental/Cost Accounting budget setup and entry
May 21, Wednesday
- The following must be submitted by the close of business to be reviewed and either processed to Final or Rejected with comments before the 3.9 upgrade. BGCP, BGTS, BGCN, BGCS, BGRG, CT, PC, RPO, IE, ITA, VCC, VCM, UDOC, FC, FI, FP, FX, ER, EX, WO, PRRV, JVC
- Departments cannot create or edit transactions listed above from Thursday, May 22nd through Monday, May 26th. Any rejected transaction can be accessed and edited in MMARS 3.9 on Tuesday, May 27th.
May 22, Thursday
- In preparation for the MMARS 3.9 Upgrade, interfaces shut off for VCC, VCM, CT, PC, and WO at 12:00 PM
May 23, Friday
- GAAP Instructions Issued
- MMARS Closes at 2:00 PM in preparation for the 3.9 Upgrade
- Any Pending transaction that cannot appropriately be brought to Final status by 2:00 PM is required to be rejected from Workflow. This includes those in a Departmental worklist.
May 24, Saturday - May 26, Monday
- MMARS 3.9 Upgrade (MMARS Unavailable)
May 27, Tuesday
- MMARS 3.9 Live
MMARS Processing 6/1-8/31 When Two Fiscal Years and Accounting Periods Are Open
From 6/1-8/31, two fiscal years and accounting periods are open, therefore, departments are required to enter the FY and accounting period on all accounting line(s) when modifying or entering a new transaction in MMARS. If left blank when submitted, the transaction will be directed to the CTR contracts work list and will be rejected in MMARS. The reason for the rejection will be addressed in the document comments field. An email will be sent to the MMARS Liaison, instructing the department to enter the appropriate fiscal year and accounting period. See the charts below for guidance.
If increasing or decreasing BFY2014 line(s), the accounting line set up should be:
|Reserved Funding Flag|
|NO||2014||2014||July or August||13|
If increasing or decreasing BFY2015 line(s), the accounting line set up should be:
|Reserved Funding Flag|
|NO||2015||2015||June or July||1|
NOTE: The event type is PR05 for the CT, PC and RPO encumbrances. For RQS, the event type is PR02. For an Open order CT, the event type is PR51
Close/Open for Beginners Training Session
If the Close/Open procedures are new to you; please register for one of the Close/Open for Beginners trainings:
- Wednesday, May 21, 9 A.M. – 12 P.M. This session also webcast
- Thursday, June 4, 9 A.M. – 12 P.M.
- Thursday, June 12, 1 P.M. – 4 P.M.
All Close / Open for Beginner training sessions will be held in the Training Room on the 9th Floor of One Ashburton Place, Boston. Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training/Meeting Schedule.
If you have any questions please contact the Comptroller Help Desk 617-973-2468 or via email email@example.com.
Please be advised, some Commonwealth employees have received spam messages regarding HR/CMS availability. Any emails with the Subject: Action Required: HR/CMS Offline should be deleted immediately.
As a reminder, the Commonwealth will never send unsolicited emails asking you to provide personal information or direct you to click on a link to validate personal information online (e.g. login ID, password).
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, May 17, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, May 19.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- Close/Open Meeting - Friday, May 16, 9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Friday, May 16, 9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., UMass Medical School, Amphitheater 3, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester
- Webcast Close/Open Meeting – Friday, May 16, 9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Meeting
- CIW User Group Meeting– Tuesday, May 20, 9:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 21st Floor Room 3
- Close/Open for Beginners – Wednesday, May 21, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Webcast Close/Open for Beginners – Wednesday, May 21, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Thursday, May 22, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Frozen Document
When processing documents in MMARS, occasionally a document will not open. This happens when a document is closed, or MMARS times out and there is a coding error, usually an incorrect budget fiscal year or fiscal year, in the document header. After clicking on the document, a fatal security error will generate:
PR_DOC_HDR Error Fatal security error: Invalid Dept (DPH), Unit (8251), Fiscal Year (2031) combination. Cannot obtain the remaining Org codes.
DOC_HDR Error Not authorized to open selected document.
Error Cannot Open document
If you get this error, call the Comptroller's Help Desk at 617-973-2468. They will work with CTR staff to release the document and will be in contact when the document has been fixed.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.