Latest update includes:
- 2013 Statutory Basis Financial Report (SBFR) Posted
- MMARS Policy Department by Procurement Level Updated
- Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 4
- MMARS Saturday and Holiday Schedule
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - International Fraud Awareness Week
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Program Codes (PROG) and Federal Grants
2013 Statutory Basis Financial Report (SBFR) Posted
The 2013 SBFR has been posted to the Statutory Basis Financial Report page of the CTR Web Portal. The SBFR is prepared by the Office of the Comptroller and reviewed by Independent Certified Public Accountants. This report meets state finance law requirements to present fairly the results of fiscal year activity in the Commonwealth's funds, to compute and certify the balance in the Stabilization Fund, and to disclose and report certain aspects of financial performance as directed by statute.
MMARS Policy Department by Procurement Level Updated
The Department by Procurement Level Policy has been updated for FY2014 on the CTR Web Portal.
Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 4
The fringe benefit, payroll tax and indirect cost chargebacks for Accounting Period 4 (October), FY2014, will be run this Saturday, November 9. All eligible expenditures processed during Accounting Period 4 will be subject to these assessments.
Departments should ensure that the budget structure tables for appropriated (payroll tax only), federal grants and other non-budgetary accounts are properly established so these charges post without rejecting under object codes D09 (fringe benefits and payroll taxes) and E16 (indirect costs).
MMARS Saturday and Holiday Schedule
MMARS and LCM will be unavailable on Saturday, November 9, due to scheduled system processing.
MMARS and LCM will be available on Veterans Day, Monday, November 11, from 7 A.M. - 7 P.M. A normal LCM cycle, but no financial cycle will be run. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any holiday Help Desk calls will be returned on Tuesday, November 12.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will occur on November 15 and will delete rejected documents entered before September 1. If you have documents entered before September 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold"
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – International Fraud Awareness Week
This week, November 3-9, 2013 is International Fraud Awareness Week sponsored by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). Visit the awareness week anti-fraud resources page for tools to assist you in promoting awareness, detection and prevention.
Please visit the Fraud Prevention section of our Internal Controls Page for a link to the Toolkit for Departments to Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse and the Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse Brochure.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Appropriation Management – Wednesday, November 13, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Accounts Receivable for Beginners – Friday, November 15, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Monday, November 18, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Recurring Payments – Tuesday, November 19, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, November 20, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS– Thursday, November 21, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Monday, November 25, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through December 2013.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Program Codes (PROG) and Federal Grants
All departments managing accounts in the grants fund (0100) are required to post a Program Code for all expenditures. Departments should be mindful of the fact that Program Codes are the link to the automated central draw process when applicable.