Latest update includes:
- Periodic Allotment November 13
- Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 4
- MMARS Saturday and Holiday Hours
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- Contract User Training and Vendor Networking Event
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Search for Multiple Document Types using Document Status
Periodic Allotment November 13
On or about Tuesday, November 13, the Executive Office for Administration and Finance will process the fourth periodic allotment of FY2013 to increase the expenditure ceiling in budgetary accounts to 50% (a one-month allotment).
The next scheduled periodic allotment will be on or about December 10. Departments are asked to make ANF budget analysts aware of any requested ad hoc allotments as soon as possible to ensure that it can be reviewed by ANF staff in a timely fashion.
Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 4
The fringe benefit, payroll tax and indirect cost chargebacks for Accounting Period 4 (October), FY2013 will be run this Saturday, November 10. All eligible expenditures processed during Accounting Period 4 will be subject to these assessments.
Departments should ensure that the budget structure tables for appropriated (payroll tax only), federal grants and other non-budgetary accounts are properly established so these charges post without rejecting under object codes D09 (fringe benefits and payroll taxes) and E16 (indirect costs).
MMARS Saturday and Holiday Hours
Due to scheduled system processing, MMARS will be unavailable on Saturday, November 10.
MMARS and LCM will be available on Veterans Day, Monday November 12, from 7 A.M. - 7 P.M. A normal LCM cycle, but no financial cycle will be run. The Help Desk will not be staffed either day and any Help Desk calls will be returned on Tuesday, November 13.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will be on November 15 and will delete rejected documents entered before September 1. If you have documents entered before September 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
Contract User Training and Vendor Networking Event
An OSD-sponsored event, Contract User Training and Vendor Networking for Statewide Contract FAC59: Green Cleaning Products, Programs, Equipment and Supplies, will be held on Thursday, November 15, from 9:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place,21st Floor Conference Room. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about Contract Benefits, Pricing Guidelines, Contract Categories, Vendor Products and Services, as well as meet with contract vendors of certified-green products. Please RSVP: http://fac59boston.eventbrite.com.
Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Friday, November 9, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Payment Management – Tuesday, November 13, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Access – Wednesday, November 14, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, November 15, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Tuesday, November 20, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab\
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS – Tuesday, November 27, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, November 28, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, November 29, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Search for Multiple Document Types using Document Status
To search for multiple document types with a particular status, do the following:
From the Document Catalog, enter the Doc Type (PC, CT, PRC, etc). Enter a comma after each document type to retrieve all types of transactions with a particular status.
- Enter the department code to search for a department, for example, OSC.
- To search user, enter the User ID.
- Under Document State, select the Function, Phase and Status as desired from the dropdowns.
- Click Browse. The system returns all documents the meet the entered criteria.