Latest update includes:
- Returned Mail – Vendor Checks
- Federal Grants Balances to Balance Forward September 28
- Reminder to Department Heads, CFOs and Internal Auditors: Competitive Grant/ISA Program for Audit Services
- Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 3
- Close/Open Key Dates September 20 – October 6
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Statewide Contract OFF33: Print, Copy and Mail Services and Printed Promotional Products Kickoff Event
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Create a Favorites List
Returned Mail – Vendor Checks
As we continue to enroll vendors to be paid via EFT, the State Treasurer’s Office has updated its policy on checks returned for bad addresses. The US Post Office provides a label that the address on the check is a non-deliverable address. Upon receiving a return, the Treasury will contact the paying department who needs to update the vendor's address in MMARS and send back a screen print of the document to confirm the updated address. Treasury will then mail the check to the vendor to the updated address. Keeping vendor information current is a joint vendor and department responsibility.
Please note that this is a great opportunity to transfer the vendor EFT, the preferred method for all payees doing business with the Commonwealth. Vendors can sign up with your department or visit https://massfinance.state.ma.us and follow the instructions.
If you have any questions, please call Dee Richardson at 617-367-9333, ext. 252.
Federal Grants Balances to Balance Forward September 28
The last FY2012 Federal Grants cycle was run on September 21, and all federal grant balances are scheduled to balance forward starting September 28. Please plan accordingly.
Reminder to Department Heads, CFOs and Internal Auditors: Competitive Grant/ISA Program for Audit Services
The Office of the Comptroller is still accepting applications for a Competitive Grant/ISA Program for the Funding of Auditors or Program Integrity Infrastructure.
Refer to CTR Memo FY2013-08 on the CTR Web Portal for instructions and the ISA template application form.
Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 3
The fringe benefit, payroll tax and indirect cost chargebacks for Accounting Period 3 (September), FY2013 will be run on Saturday, October 6. All eligible expenditures processed during Accounting Period 3 will be subject to these assessments.
Departments should ensure that the budget structure tables for appropriated (payroll tax only), federal grants and other non-budgetary accounts are properly established or these charges post without rejecting under object codes D09 (fringe benefits and payroll taxes) and E16 (indirect costs).
Close/Open Key Dates September 20 – October 6
October 1, Monday: All Federal Grant unexpended balances for Automated Central Draw and Non-Central Draw appropriations must be resolved.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, September 29, from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, October 1.
Statewide Contract OFF33: Print, Copy and Mail Services and Printed Promotional Products Kickoff Event
The Operational Services Division (OSD) will be hosting a Kickoff Event for the newly-awarded Statewide Contract OFF33: Print, Copy and Mail Services and Printed Promotional Products. This Kickoff Event will provide an opportunity to review how to use Contract OFF33 and to meet and network with the vendors.
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, October 2, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to HR/CMS Payroll Warehouse – Wednesday, October 3, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Tuesday, October 9, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Tuesday Training Lab
- Encumbrance Management – Thursday, October 11, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Thursday, October 11, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Friday, October 12, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Create a Favorites List
To create a favorites list in MMARS:
- Open a document that you would like to add to your favorites list.
- Right mouse click anywhere on the document and select Add to Favorites from the drop down menu.
- A window then displays on your screen prompting you to enter a name for the favorite. Enter a unique name for the new favorite and click OK.
A message displays at the top of the screen indicating that: The favorite was successfully added. To view your favorites list, return to the document catalog and click Favorites.
Note: To view the most updated version of your favorites list, collapse and then open the favorites menu to refresh the list.
To remove a favorite from your favorites list in MMARS:
- Click Personalize at the top of the screen.
- Click the Favorites link. A window containing your favorites list displays.
- Select the favorite(s) to delete from the list.
Do not select the Folder checkbox when removing favorites. Only select the name of the favorite to delete it. A check mark will display to the left of those favorites that are selected.
- Click the Delete link to remove all selected favorites from your favorites list.