Latest update includes:
- CTR Memo FY2014-19: FY2014 Mid-Year Capital Asset Inventory Review
- MMARS Chargeback
- Public Comment Period Open for Debt Collection and Intercept Regulation Updates
- Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Behavioral Red Flags
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Reconciling Your Grant Budget Structure
CTR Memo FY2014-19: FY2014 Mid-Year Capital Asset Inventory Review
CTR Memo FY2014-19 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. The memo serves as notice that the mid-year inventory of GAAP capital assets is underway. Several MMARS reports can be accessed through DocDirect to assist with this effort. Every department must return a form confirming the review is complete.
The third FY2014 billing for the Office of the Comptroller's MMARS chargeback to support the operation of the Financial Accounting and Reporting System for the Commonwealth has been entered. Billings are sent bi-monthly. This billing is for actual usage based on transaction lines posted to the general ledger for the months of November and December. The document ID will be: CTRMMARS14CHARNOVDEC
Buyers are required to make payment on undisputed bills within 30 days from receipt of an ITI by completing an ITA (Internal Transaction Agreement).
Public Comment Period Open for Debt Collection and Intercept Regulation Updates
CTR is soliciting public comment on proposed amendments to 815 CMR 9.00 Debt Collection and Intercept Regulations which have been updated to support changes in the industry and best practices to increase the collection of debts owed to the Commonwealth.
Copies of the proposed amendments are available on the CTR website or by calling 617-973-2617. Written comments on the proposed amendments may be submitted by mail to the Legal Bureau by fax to 617-973-2555 or by email. The deadline for submission of public comment is Friday, February 14, 2014.
Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
The quarterly re-synchronization for departmental budgets (Subsidiary Expense, Department Expense, and Department Revenue) was completed the weekend of January 18. MMARS budget structures were in-synch as of Sunday, January 19.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available on Saturday, January 25, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, January 27.
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – Behavioral Red Flags
According to the latest Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Report to the Nations, in 81% of cases, the fraudster displayed one or more behavioral red flags that are often associated with fraudulent conduct. Living beyond means (36% of cases), financial difficulties (27%), unusually close association with vendors or customers (19%) and excessive control issues (18%) were the most commonly observed behavioral warning signs.For the full report:
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, January 24, 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- CIW Report Building with MS Access – Tuesday, January 28, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, January 29, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Tuesday, February 4, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Wednesday, February 5, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS – Thursday, February 6, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, February 11, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, February 13, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Reconciling Your Federal Grant Budget Structure
Departments should reconcile their federal grant budget structure (program codes) on a regular basis to insure that they are in balance. Remember, you may use the drill-down feature to review expenditures if you suspect there is a coding error. Or, you should use the data warehouse to verify that expenditures coded with the grant program codes are the same expenditures that have posted to your grant (fund 0100) account.
When you are creating a multiple-line document and you copy the information from one line to the next, review all lines to confirm that you have not copied more than you intended, such as a Program Code from a line for a grant to a line for a budgeted account. When allocating payroll in LCM and you copy a line, review the details copied to determine if the presence of a Program Code is appropriate for any line. Please see Federal Grant Reconciliation Guidance for further information.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.