Latest update includes:
- CTR Memo FY2013-31: Annual FY2013 Capital (Fixed) Asset Inventory Review
- MMARS Unavailable Wednesday, July 17
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Close/Open Key Dates July 13 – 20
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – Logical and Physical Access
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Finding a Legal Address
CTR Memo FY2013-31: Annual FY2013 Capital (Fixed) Asset Inventory Review
CTR Memo FY2013-31 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo serves as notice that the annual inventory of GAAP Capital Assets is underway. Several MMARS reports can be accessed through DocDirect to assist with this effort. Every department must return a form confirming the review is complete.
MMARS Unavailable Wednesday, July 17
Due to split-year payroll processing, MMARS may be unavailable on Wednesday, July 17. On-line access will be announced via listserv and MMARS news if work completes early.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, July 13, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, July 15.
Close/Open Key Dates July 13 – 20
July 15, Monday
- Last day to enter split-year payroll.
- Last day to enter AP payroll for pay period ending 7/15/2013.
July 17, Wednesday
- MMARS Unavailable.
July 19, Friday
- Balance Forward program to begin after nightly cycle.
- Roll uncommitted balances for appropriation types 2CN, 3TN, 3TX, (excluding Federal Grants 4FN).
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will occur on July 15 and will delete rejected documents entered before May 1. If you have documents entered before May 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - Never Share Your System Security IDs and Passwords
In order to prevent fraud, you should never:
- Give another user your ID and password.
- Log in with your ID and let another user perform actions under your ID, whether you are present or not.
Sharing your security ID and password creates the opportunity for fraud. For HR/CMS and MMARS, sharing your ID (UAID) is a violation of the Enterprise Systems Security Policy.
Please visit the Fraud Prevention section of our Internal Controls Page for a link to the Toolkit for Departments to Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse and the Combat Fraud, Waste and Abuse Brochure.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste or Abuse, contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- Webcast Interdepartmental Chargebacks – Friday, July 12, 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. Online Training
- Payment Management – Tuesday, July 16, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, July 18, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Monday, July 22, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS – Tuesday, July 23, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, July 24, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Recurring Payments for Beginners – Thursday, July 25, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to LCM Warehouse – Tuesday, July 30, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Wednesday, July 31, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Thursday, August 1, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through December 2013.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Finding a Legal Address
The current legal address for a vendor is listed on the 1099I table, not the VCUST table. (VCUST contains payment & procurement addresses). To find the legal address, enter the vendor's tax identification number in the 1099I table in MMARS.