Latest update includes:
- FY2015-05: Official Opening of Fiscal Year 2015
- FY2014-31: Earnings Code Processing During Accounts Payable Pay Periods
- Reminder – Do Not Edit OSD Statewide Master Agreements
- Federal Grant Revenues
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Close/Open Key Dates July 19 - 26
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - What to Do If You Suspect Fraud, Waste or Abuse
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Document Version
CTR Memo FY2015-05 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. The FY2015 General Appropriation Act, Chapter 165 of the Acts of 2014, has been signed. This memo announces that July 14, 2014 is the official “opening date” of the accounting system. A deadline of July 25, 2014 is established for the alignment of encumbrances and expenditures with the enacted budget.
CTR Memo FY2014-31 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo informs departments of the methodology for distributing and recording HR/CMS payroll charges in LCM and MMARS during the Accounts Payable pay periods. To accommodate multi-year payroll processing, certain earnings codes will charge only to FY2014. This memo provides Payroll Directors with detailed guidelines on how to charge FY2014 during the Accounts Payable pay periods. Note that in accordance with State Finance Law requirements, departments must account for expenditures in the fiscal year in which the obligation is incurred. Payroll Holds are needed for all prior fiscal year charges during the Accounts Payable periods.
Reminder – Do Not Edit OSD Statewide Master Agreements
Departments are reminded not to edit statewide contract MA’s created by OSD. When OSD becomes aware of such draft documents, the documents are deleted. However, while the draft document is present in the system, other departments hesitate to process documents related to the MA, such as PCs. The result is a delay in departmental transactions and an increased burden on the Comptroller Help Desk and the OSD Help Desk. When creating documents referencing an MA, please ensure that you are not editing the MA.
Federal Grant Revenues
Departments should use the attached template to identify federal grant (Fund 0100) revenues that posted in FY2015 but should be used to reimburse FY2014 expenditures. Please contact Andrew Richardson of the Federal Grants and Cost Allocation Bureau at (617) 973-2456 with any questions.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, July 19, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, July 21.
July 21, Monday
- Last date to produce CEC/GAEC Event Type PR22.
July 24, Thursday
- All 2014 PRN must be cleared.
July 25, Friday
- 2014 PRLDE, PRLIF, PRADJ must be completed.
- All rejected CAs (periods 1-12) must be processed to final.
- Certification of Capital Assets Inventory due.
July 26, Saturday
- Period 1-12 Fringe/Indirect cleanup.
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - What to Do If You Suspect Fraud, Waste or Abuse
If you have evidence of Fraud, Waste or Abuse activity, report such activity to management or an oversight agency.
Blow the Whistle:
If you have a whistleblower complaint involving public funds, the following contacts are available:
Commonwealth Hotline Numbers
Inspector General: (800) 322-1323
to report suspected fraud, waste or abuse in government.
Attorney General - Fair Labor Helpline (617) 727-3465
to report violations of minimum wage and overtime laws and requirement for timely payment of wages.
Division of Unemployment Assistance (800) 354-9927
to report unreported wages or persons collecting benefits while working.
Office of the State Auditor (617) 727-6200
for state agencies to report variances, shortages or thefts of funds or property.
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, July 18, 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M., Online Training
- Encumbrance Management – Tuesday, July 22, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Tuesday, July 22, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, July 23, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Vendor Management – Thursday, July 24, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Access – Tuesday, July 29, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Wednesday, July 30, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Accounts Receivable for Beginners – Thursday, July 31, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, August 5, 9:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Wednesday, August 6, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, August 7, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled through August and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week – Document Version
When viewing a document that has multiple versions, be sure to use the latest version, which is the version with the highest number. The other versions are "historical" documents. If you view these documents, you will not be viewing the most up-to-date information.