Latest update includes:
- FY2014-21: Revised FY2014 Treasury State Agreements
- Payroll User Files Posted
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – How to Prevent Identity Theft
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Zero Dollar Final Payment
FY2014-21: Revised FY2014 Treasury State Agreements
FY2014-21 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo advises departments of the FY2014 revised annual Treasury-State Agreements (TSA) between the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Financial Management Service, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will occur on Monday, March 17 and will delete rejected documents entered before January 1. If you have documents entered before January 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available on Saturday, March 15, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, March 17.
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – How to Prevent Identity Theft
The Federal Trade Commission has a number of resources to help you protect your personal information. Here are five easy ways you can keep tabs on your identity and personal information:
- Read credit card statements carefully & often
- Know your payment due dates
- Read your health insurance plan statements
- Shred documents with personal information
- Review your credit reports once a year
To learn more about protecting your identity visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Webcast Interdepartmental Chargebacks – Friday, March 14, 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, March 19, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Encumbrance Management – Monday, March 24, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, March 25, 9:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Wednesday, March 26, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Appropriation Management – Tuesday, April 1, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Thursday, April 3, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through 2014.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Zero Dollar Final Payment
Departments should not process any payments for zero dollars without guidance from the Office of the Comptroller. If your department is instructed to process a $0.00 payment to close out an outstanding balance on an encumbrance line that failed to be liquidated through the normal process, you must follow the following steps in order to prevent printing a $0.00 check or EFT:
Bring the zero dollar payment to Final status.
Go to the Disbursement Request Table (DISRQ).
Display the payment in the disbursement control section of the table.
Check "User Hold".
Select a "Hold Reason Code" of "42".
This will prevent a zero dollar payment from disbursing and creating a zero dollar check or EFT.
Note: Not all Accounts Payable users will be able to edit the DISRQ table. Only Fiscal Administrators and Accounts Payable users with the SIGENTRY role will be able to edit the DISRQ table. Users who cannot edit should request one of these staff members for assistance.