Latest update includes:
- FY2014-22: Areas of Audit Issues from the 2013 Single Audit – Preparation for 2014
- Fourth FY2014 Billing for the MMARS Chargeback due April 4
- Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 9
- Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS - Revised Class
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact – What to do if Your Identity is Stolen
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week - Ready Payments – Extend Dates
FY2014-22: Areas of Audit Issues from the 2013 Single Audit – Preparation for 2014
CTR Memo FY2014-22 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. The Commonwealth’s FY2013 Single Audit has been completed. This year we have noted fewer recurring themes to the findings prepared by KPMG LLP, the independent audit firm. These are described in this memo to allow departments to consider whether changes are needed in preparation for the FY2014 Single Audit, which will be starting soon.
Fourth FY2014 Billing for the MMARS Chargeback due April 4
The Fourth FY2014 billing for the Office of the Comptroller's MMARS chargeback to support the operation of the Financial Accounting and Reporting System for the Commonwealth was entered on March 5. Buyers are required to make payment by April 4 on undisputed bills within 30 days from receipt of an ITI by completing an ITA (Internal Transaction Agreement).
Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 9
The fringe benefit, payroll tax and indirect cost chargebacks for Accounting Period 9 (March), FY2014, will be run on Saturday, April 5. All eligible expenditures processed during Accounting Period 9 will be subject to these assessments.
Departments should ensure that the budget structure tables for appropriated (payroll tax only), federal grants and other non-budgetary accounts are properly established so these charges post without rejecting under object codes D09 (fringe benefits and payroll taxes) and E16 (indirect costs).
Budget Re-Synchronization Complete
The quarterly re-synchronization for departmental budgets (Subsidiary Expense, Department Expense, and Department Revenue) was completed the weekend of March 22. MMARS budget structures were in-synch as of Sunday, March 23.
Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS - Revised Class
The law and regulations regarding the handling of federal grants have changed. Has your agency kept up? This class has been revised to reflect the changes in policy and procedures that will keep you in compliance with the law regarding new and continuing federal grants. Seats are available in the April 8th class. Join us to learn how to incorporate these changes into your current practice. Register via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available on Saturday, March 29, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, March 31.
Weekly Fraud Awareness and Prevention Fact - What to do if Your Identity is Stolen
Every day there are more and more stories about scams and credit card and identify theft. If you find yourself a victim, what should you do? The Federal Trade Commission has a free step by step resource “Taking Charge: What to do if your identity is stolen”.
If you have any questions regarding this or previous Fraud Awareness and Prevention Facts, please contact the Comptroller Help Desk at 617-973-2468 or via email at Comptroller.Info@State.MA.US. To report Fraud, Waste, or Abuse contact one of the Commonwealth’s Whistleblower Hotlines.
- Appropriation Management – Tuesday, April 1, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Establishing a Federal Grant in MMARS – Tuesday, April 8, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- HR/CMS Fundamentals – Wednesday, April 9, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Webcast How to Run a Warehouse Starter Query – Friday, April 11, 11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., Online Training
- Intro to State Finance MMARS Navigation – Tuesday, April 15, 9:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- LCM Management – Wednesday, April 16, 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
- Federal Grant Activity Reconciliation – Thursday, April 17, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M., One Ashburton Place Boston, 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for the next two months and Payroll User Groups through 2014.