Latest update includes:
- Periodic Allotment
- Single Audit Chargeback
- MMARS Saturday Hours
- Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
- Fiscal Year 2013 Small Business Purchasing Program Benchmark Issued
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Bank Account Code on CR Documents
On or about Monday, October 15, the Executive Office for Administration and Finance will process the third periodic allotment of FY2013 to increase the expenditure ceiling in budgetary accounts to 41.67% (a one-month allotment).
The next scheduled periodic allotment will be on or about November 13. At that time, ANF will determine whether the allotment will be for an additional 1 or 2 months. Agency staff is asked to make ANF budget analysts aware of any requested ad hoc allotments as soon as possible to ensure that it can be reviewed by ANF staff in a timely fashion.
Single Audit Chargeback
The Office of the Comptroller is authorized to collect a portion of the cost of the federally-required comprehensive statewide Single State Audit from agencies that receive federal funds and who participate in the audit. FY2012 audit costs payable through the FY2013 chargeback have increased. Several departments will see additional increases as a result of increased federal program funding which moved their program into a higher tier.
These chargeback costs have been approved by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the amount was determined by using the approved methodology as in prior years. The thresholds and rates are available here.
Both the Intergovernmental Encumbrance and the bill for the FY2012 Single State Audit charges in FY2013 are now available in MMARS. The transaction ID for both the IE and the ITI is: STATESINGLEAUDIT2013.
The Single Audit costs for work on the FY2012 ARRA Major programs are approximately $68,000. These costs have been separately billed to the ARRA administrative account.
Please direct any questions you may have to Fred Russo at 617-973-2610 or Jeffrey Shapiro at 617-973-2622.
MMARS Saturday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available Saturday, October 13, from 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. The Help Desk will not be staffed and any Saturday Help Desk calls will be returned on Monday, October 15.
Purge of Rejected Documents over 75 Days Old
Rejected documents in the system accumulate in the document catalog and are removed in a regularly-scheduled monthly purge of documents over 75 days old. The next purge will be on October 15 and will delete rejected documents entered before August 1. If you have documents entered before August 1 that you would like to save, please place them on "hold".
To place a document on "hold":
- Locate the document in the Document Catalog.
- Check the checkbox to the left of the document (in the Document Catalog).
- Click "Action Menu", select "Scheduling Actions", select "Mark Document" and choose "Hold".
Fiscal Year 2013 Small Business Purchasing Program Benchmark Issued
The Operational Services Division is pleased to announce the issuance of the Fiscal Year 2013 benchmark for the Small Business Purchasing Program (SBPP). In an effort to increase the use of small businesses in public purchasing, Executive Branch Departments are strongly encouraged to spend 2.5% of annual procurement expenditures with small businesses enrolled in the SBPP. By issuing this benchmark, OSD is optimistic that Executive Branch Departments will be able to invest the extra time necessary to invest in Massachusetts-based small business.
The Small Business Purchasing Program was established in 2010 to support small businesses in the Commonwealth. Visit www.mass.gov/sbpp to learn more.
Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Friday, October 12, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, October 24, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Vendor Management – Thursday, October 25, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Friday, October 26, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Recurring Payments for Beginners – Tuesday, October 30, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Risk Management – Tuesday, October 30, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Appropriation Management – Wednesday, October 31, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Bank Account Code on CR Documents
The correct bank account for all CR documents is 0000. Departments that wish to record revenue in Fund 0901 should use the RT document with Bank Account 9999.