Latest update includes:
- CTR Memo FY2013-09: Drug-Free Workplace Act Annual Certification for Departments Receiving Federal Grants
- LCM Position Authorized Appropriation Audit Report (NLCMPAAS)
- Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 3
- MMARS Unavailable Saturday
- MMARS Holiday Hours
- Upcoming Training Sessions and Meetings
- MMARS Hint of the Week – Accounts Receivable Detail Transaction Activity
CTR Memo FY2013-09: Drug-Free Workplace Act Annual Certification for Departments Receiving Federal Grants
CTR Memo FY2013-09 has been posted to the CTR Web Portal. This memo announces the Drug-Free Workplace Certification for Departments Receiving Federal Grants for federal fiscal year 2013.
LCM Position Authorized Appropriation Audit Report (NLCMPAAS)
A new DocDirect report, NLCMPAAS, is available to identify employees who are charging an appropriation that is not authorized by an LCM rule. Any charges to an appropriation other than an employee’s Position Assigned Account in HR/CMS should be authorized by a Position Authorized Accounting (PAUTH) rule in LCM.
Unauthorized charges can occur if an employee is assigned to an appropriation authorized by a rule in one fiscal year and that rule is not renewed in subsequent fiscal years. All rules expire at the end of a fiscal year and departments must reapply for rules that will be used in the next fiscal year.
For charges appearing on this report, departments should submit a rule for approval or transfer the charges to an appropriation for which authorization is in place.
This report will run as part of each LCM iterative payroll cycle and as part of the LCM production payroll cycle. Departments can view the report on Mondays (Week 1 of current pay period), Tuesdays, and Fridays in predictive mode and on Wednesdays (Week 1 of current pay period) in production mode.
Fringe Benefit, Payroll Tax, Indirect Cost Charges for Accounting Period 3
The fringe benefit, payroll tax and indirect cost chargebacks for Accounting Period 3 (September), FY2013 will run on Saturday, October 6. All eligible expenditures processed during Accounting Period 3 will be subject to these assessments.
Departments should ensure that the budget structure tables for appropriated (payroll tax only), federal grants and other non-budgetary accounts are properly established so these charges post without rejecting under object codes D09 (fringe benefits and payroll taxes) and E16 (indirect costs)
MMARS Unavailable Saturday
Due to scheduled system processing, MMARS will be unavailable on Saturday, October 6.
MMARS Holiday Hours
MMARS and LCM will be available on Columbus Day, Monday October 8, from 7 A.M. - 7 P.M. A normal LCM cycle, but no financial cycle will be run. The Help Desk will not be staffed either day and any holiday Help Desk calls will be returned on Tuesday, October 9.
- Intro to MMARS Warehouse – Tuesday, October 9, 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Tuesday Training Lab
- Encumbrance Management – Thursday, October 11, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Payment Management – Thursday, October 11, 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention – Friday, October 12, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Executive Conference Room
- Intermediate MMARS Warehouse – Wednesday, October 24, 9:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- Vendor Management – Thursday, October 25, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
- CIW Report Building with MS Excel – Friday, October 26, 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. One Ashburton Place Boston 9th Floor Training Lab
Register for these sessions via the Comptroller's Training and Meeting Schedule which lists classes scheduled for three months and Payroll User Groups through December 2012.
MMARS Hint of the Week - Accounts Receivable Detail Transaction Activity
Report NAR401W provides information about transaction-level Accounts Receivable activity as of a given date for a given Period within a Fiscal Year. This report runs at the close of the Accounting Period and has a retention period of 48 months.