|To:||Higher Education Chief Fiscal Officers, MMARS Liaisons, and Payroll Directors|
|From:||Martin J. Benison, Comptroller|
|Date:||June 29, 2009|
|Re:||FY2009 Higher Education Audit Guidance||Comptroller Memo|
The purpose of this memo is to advise Institutions of Higher Education as to auditing and reporting issues for FY2009.
This guide updates the existing Higher Education Guidance previously issued in 2008. It is meant to complement the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement 35 implementation guide issued in 2002, which is documented in various other policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, fixed assets guidance. This guide reinforces policies on required documentation with regard to the Commonwealth's issuance of its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
The guide contains the following attachments:
- Instructions for filling out the schedules
- Individual schedules for your completion (will be sent to your institution in a separate email)
- Attachment A "Independence Letter"
- Attachment B " Draft Reconciliation of Financial Statements to MMARS"
- Attachment C "Pollution Remediation Obligation calculation worksheet"
If you have any questions on the attachments for the Guide, or the schedules, please contact Larissa Serebryanaya, Unit Manager Financial Reporting Bureau at (617) 973-2304 or Neil Gouse at (617) 973-2672.
|cc:||Higher Education GAAP Liaisons|
|Higher Education General Counsels|