All staff and board member requests for out-of-state travel attendance shall be made in writing and shall include a narrative explanation of the specific benefits to the Newton Contributory Retirement System that are expected to result from attendance at the conference or training session.
At the time that final expense reports are filed for out-of-state travel attendance, staff and/or board members shall file a written narrative report summarizing the specific benefits to the Newton Contributory Retirement System that have resulted from attendance at the conference or training session.
1. Travel Routing Criterion:
The Board authorizes the Director of the Retirement Board to monitor the policy and procedures as stipulated in PERAC travel regulations 840 CMR 2:00. The Director will be responsible for placing travel-related matters on the Retirement Board agenda for advance approval by the Board.
2. Authorization for Rental Car Usage:
The Retirement Board does not authorize the use of a rental car on Board authorized travel.
3. Allowable Rate of Reimbursement for use of a Personal Vehicle:
Reimbursement for use of a personal vehicle while on Board authorized travel shall be at the current reimbursement rate used by the City of Newton.
4. Maximum Daily Reimbursement for Meals and Authorization or Excess Reimbursement for High-Cost Locations:
Reimbursement for meals on Board authorized travel that are not included as part of the seminar package shall be limited to $10 breakfast, $15 lunch and $25 dinner. Reimbursement meals for high cost locations shall be as specifically authorized by the Retirement Board but not to exceed the Federal General Services Administration travel guidelines.
5. Authorization for Board Credit Card Issuance:
The Board does not authorize the use of a Board Credit Card.
6. The Board authorizes the immediate use of the attached forms in connection with any Board authorized travel:
Travel Authorization Voucher
Missing Receipts Form