840 CMR: PUBLIC EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT ADMINISTRATION COMMISSION
840 CMR 2.00: RETIREMENT BOARD TRAVEL
2.03 Board Authorization of Travel and Travel Related Expenditures
The Retirement Board shall pay for or make reimbursement to Board Members and the staff of the Retirement Board for all travel and lodging expenses except as specifically authorized pursuant to 840 CMR 2.13 for expenses related to legitimate speaking engagements.
1. Travel and related expenses are to be approved by the Board in advance of the travel.
2. Requests for travel by Board Members and the Retirement Board Executive Director/Administrator shall be placed on a Board meeting agenda, discussed in open session and approved by a majority vote of the Members of the Board present and voting. The meeting minutes shall reflect the Board’s action and the extent of the authorization.
3. The nature of the travel, its purpose and estimated cost shall be outlined on a travel authorization form. Brochures for seminars or other presentations should accompany the request for travel where available.
4. A statement describing the presentation, conference or seminar should be entered into the minutes of the meeting following the travel.
5. A Board may authorize the Executive Director/Board Administrator to approve travel for other members of the Board’s staff. The Board should establish policies and procedures for staff travel. Such policies and procedures shall be consistent with 840 CMR 2.00.
6. Boards are encouraged to seek and negotiate to obtain the most cost effective means of travel and travel related expenses.