840 CMR: PUBLIC EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT ADMINISTRATION COMMISSION
840 CMR 2.00: RETIREMENT BOARD TRAVEL
2.04 Required Documentation for Reimbursement
1. The Board shall develop a form to be used in connection with any requests for reimbursement, requiring that the traveler certify that the expenses were incurred and were necessary and incidental to the approved travel.
2. All requests for reimbursement shall be completed and properly approved after incurring any travel, transportation or meal or other travel related expenses and before reimbursement takes place. The Retirement Boards shall require that requests for reimbursement be submitted within a reasonable time after the expenses are incurred, but in no event longer than 60 days after the expenses were incurred. If expenses for a single event were incurred over a number of days, requests for reimbursement shall be submitted no later than 60 days from the last day that expenses were incurred.
3. Original itemized receipts must be submitted for all expenses including transportation, lodging, and other expenses incidental to travel.
4. Travel-related expenses that are under $10 (such as gratuities) should be fully described and reimbursed based on the traveler’s certification that the expenses were necessary and incidental to the approved travel.
5. Any travel related expenditures which have not been properly documented or approved or are not in conformity with 840 CMR 2.00 must be rejected or adjusted.
6. Reimbursement shall only be made to the person who actually made payment for the expense.
7. The reimbursement request form must be signed by the person seeking reimbursement and signed under the pains and penalties of perjury.