Application Administrator/Helpdesk Analyst
The Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC) is seeking an Application Administrator/Helpdesk Analyst who will provide customer application and technical phone support for a new custom.Net application name “PROSPER” by collecting trouble tickets, analyzing issues, carrying out solutions, escalating issues, and tracking to completion. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate problems/issues to customers in a technical and non-technical manner. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal skills in order to explain directions and provide basic communication to the customer in a clear and concise manner. The ideal candidate must have strong customer service and troubleshooting skills. The candidate must be able to work as a team member or independently. The right candidate will get exposure to new technologies (Azure, Onbase, Windows 2012R2, IIS, SQL Server)
• Provide phone support for an average of 50 inquiries per day.
• Triage issues, log complete and relevant information in order to open a support request.
• Escalate problems and incidents per service level agreements (SLAs) and assign inquiries to management and/or other teams as appropriate. Provides clear and complete descriptive information regarding the nature of the problem.
• Communicate with users to ensure that requests/problems are resolved and that users are satisfied with the resolution. Initiates and follows up on any additional required action.
• Contributes to the development of Support Center standards, procedures, and policies.
• Maintaining positive working relationships with retirement boards, department managers, support staff, and developers.
• Maintains functional knowledge of systems to support enhancements and new release of products.
• Participates in testing of new releases of systems and applications.
• Contributes to the design and implementation of all Support Desk systems to provide a high quality, responsive service that facilitates problem reporting and resolution.
• Actively participates in team meetings, bringing forward challenges and offering solutions for the users' working environment.
• Contributes to tactical planning of Support Desk services.
• Contributes to publications regarding User Services.
• Responds to phone calls in a timely fashion.
• Works a flexible schedule when necessary.
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Willingness to learn new technologies (Azure, Onbase, Windows Sever 2012, SQL Server)
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• Helpdesk phone support – 2 years
• Desktop Scanners support.
• MS Office product suite support, troubleshooting, etc. – 2 years
• Microsoft's Windows operating systems, basic configuring and troubleshooting – 2 year
• Basic hardware/Printer/Application support, installation & troubleshooting – 2 years
• Hands-on experience with Desktop support for password reset, account creation, etc. – 2 years
• Helpdesk or other related IT support experience – 2 years
• Customer Service skills – 2 years
Send Resume and Employment Application to:
Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission
5 Middlesex Ave. Suite 304
Somerville, MA 02145
Employment Application may be obtained @ www.mass.gov/perac
Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, physically challenged and Veterans are encouraged to apply.