GLOUCESTER CONTRIBUTORY RETIREMENT SYSTEM BOARD
P. O. Box 114
GLOUCESTER, MA 01931-0114
Administrative Assistant – 35 hours per week
The Gloucester Retirement Board is seeking a qualified individual to assist in the administration of the Gloucester Retirement System. The individual would work under the supervision of the Retirement Administrator and Board. Cover letter and resume should be forwarded directly to Douglas MacArthur, Chairman of the Gloucester Retirement Board, PO Box 114, Gloucester, MA 01930. Position open until filled.
• To assist the Administrator in the management of the general day to day operations of the Gloucester Retirement System and to assist the Administrator in the performance of the Administrator’s duties and shall accept assignments from the Administrator and Board from time to time as may be required.
• Maintain control log for payment of monthly retiree payroll; process, input, and file all changes to the monthly retiree payroll; maintain retiree/survivor data base; process direct deposit and respond to inquiries; input cola payments yearly; recoup overpayments made to retirees/survivors; calculate pension payments; balance retiree bank accounts; send out retire checks and notice of deposits
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of all financial records including cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal and trial balances;
• Assist in the preparation and mailing of annual statements and election notices
• Provide assistance in retirement counseling to members and beneficiaries; assist in maintain an accurate records of member’s accounts, assist in preparing transfers to or from other systems
• Prepare agenda and agenda documents, type minutes and notice postings,
• Must be willing to attend multi-day conferences and seminars
• Process bi-weekly deductions, monthly deductions
Individuals must have a strong mathematical, interpersonal, organizational, communication, and computer skills. Knowledge of MGL Chapter 32, PERAC regulations and PTG computer skills and Word and Excel skills desirable. Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of administrative experience preferred. Pre-employment physical and practical test will be required. Salary negotiable based upon experience.