Assists in the day to day questions on membership, refunds and retirements. Makes appointments for retirement counseling and acts as general office manager. Responsible for the monthly accounting of all financial transactions including: trial balance, calculation of refunds, posting of member’s contributions, retirement calculations and monthly financial reporting to PERAC.
- Prepares Annual Statement for submission to PERAC
- Prepares and reconciles cash books and generates financial statements and submits to PERAC
- Submits monthly financial reports to PERAC via PROSPER
- Prepares annual budget for Appropriation
- Maintains accounting system and generates all journal entries
- Prepares monthly reports and Pooled Fund Worksheets and submits to PERAC as required
- Responsible for maintaining investment manager logon credentials for online access to manager statements
- Reconciles membership deductions with City, School and Housing payroll systems. Validates deductions against deduction percent for accuracy and correctness
- Posts deductions to pension database through automated deduction posting module
- Assist in simplified general rule calculations for retiree 1099s
- Calculate superannuation, termination, disability, and involuntary retirements. Submit required reporting to PERAC through PROSPER
- Provide counseling to disability retirees with respect to the application process, the PERAC approval process, and post-retirement obligations
- Provide counseling to members anticipating superannuation retirement as to the various options available to them and their post-retirement obligations.
- Assist PERAC with Section 91A compliance of disability retirees.
- Provide members with retirement benefit estimates
- Maintain complete and accurate member and retiree records.
- Respond professionally to a variety of written, telephone, and in-person inquiries from active members, retirees, survivors, employers, other retirement system staff, etc.
- Correspond with members and retirees regarding various matters as required
- Maintain member records in pension database
- Maintain spreadsheets to track and balance activity, on retirement deductions, purchase payment plans
- Attend training sessions in-house and at locations throughout the State. May require overnight travel to conferences
The duties listed above are intended to be illustrations of various types of work that are expected to be performed. The absence of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position since such duties will be related.
Hours of operation
M,T,TH 8:30 to 4:30
W 8:30 to 7:30
F 8:30 to 12:30
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Medford Retirement Board
City Hall – Room 215
Medford, MA 02155
Resumes must be received by Monday October 16, 2017