Board Administrative Assistant - (170004ZQ)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position will provide administrative and transactional support to the State Retiree Benefit Trust Fund (“SRBTF”) Board. The SRBTF administers the State Retiree Benefits Trust Fund ("SRBT Fund") which was established to meet liabilities of the state employees for retiree health care and other non-pension benefits. The SRBTF also reviews requests of any municipality, county or agency or authority of the Commonwealth which seeks to participate in the SRBT Fund.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate board meeting calendars, including preparing meeting materials, preparing open meeting law notices and preparing minutes of the board meetings.
• Prepare, disseminate and track board correspondence.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy documentation of the Board, including preparation of disposal schedule for archivable documents.
• Coordinate with Pension Reserves Investment Management Board and outside legal counsel regarding applications of entities seeking to invest in SRBTF, investment reports and transfer of funds.
• Work with Office of the Comptroller, Department Assistance Bureau to set up and maintain the SRBTF website.
• Coordinate with the Department Security Officer to obtain access to statewide enterprise systems for department users.
• Prepare MA Public Records Law Request Responses for the Board.
• Process all accounts payable, accounts receivable, and audit activities including the following:
• Process all encumbrance events pursuant to the agency spending plan as approved and communicated by the agency head or designee.
• Prepare for review accounts payable events including payment processing, vendor management, payment verification, historical data query, contract and lease management.
• Provide timely processing services to optimize payment terms. Communicate tools/options that will support best value for spending activity.
• Prepare monthly expenditure reports.
• Coordinate and participate in procurement and contracting process pursuant to Commonwealth requirements
• Scan documents.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare reports as required for the Chair’s approval, such as the yearly Internal Control Questionnaire and other year ending activities required by the Comptroller’s Office.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge and experience with board meeting practices and administrative procedures including office record keeping, office correspondence, controls and use of office equipment and supplies.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
• Ability to exercise discretion in handling of confidential information and to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Expertise in using spreadsheets, word-processing software, including Microsoft office suite, Adobe.
Official Title: Administrative Assistant
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
Job: Administrative Services
Agency: Off of State Treas & Rec Genrl
Job Posting: Aug 21, 2017, 12:09:09 PM
Number of Openings: 1
Salary: 25,000.00 - 30,000.00 Yearly
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator: Kerlley Aime - 617-367-9333