The Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC) is seeking a Systems Engineer who will provide application and technical support for PERAC. The ideal candidate will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, documentation, and maintenance of systems hardware/software and associated IT infrastructure. The Systems Engineer will be involved in technical research and development to assist with continued innovation within the organization. The Systems Engineer ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, Cloud environment and related procedures stay within the margins of the organization’s standards and functionality. The ideal candidate must have strong customer service and troubleshooting skills. The candidate must be able to work as a team member or independently. The regular scheduled work week is 37.5 hours.
• Install, configure, and document IT resources such as servers, cloud environment, hardware, peripherals, services, applications, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Research and recommend innovative approaches for system administration tasks that leverage our resources, provide a high quality of service, and provide cost advantages.
• Must be able to work with the State IT department and third party vendors supporting PERAC
Operations and Support
• Provide help desk support for IT requests and provide backup helpdesk support for applications.
• Deploy new releases of PERAC’s .net MVC application into various environments.
• Support Onbase ECM software.
• Manage MS SQL Server and databases for critical applications
• Manage a Windows environment utilizing IIS, AD, Group Policy, WDS, Win10, and Windows Azure.
• Repair and recover from system failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted employees.
• Manage Servers in a Microsoft Azure environment.
• Manage servers and virtual desktops in a VMware environment.
• Support our new .Net MVC application in a Microsoft Azure environment.
• Availability during normal operating hours as well as off hours as required.
• Create and maintain detailed system and end-user documentation.
• Perform regular system maintenance including updates, upgrades, and backups. Perform audits of system lifecycles, functionality, key processes, and security.
• Maintain virtual desktops, laptops, scanners and surface pros.
• Maintain VMware environment.
• Maintain network infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi, and technologies including DHCP, DNS, VLANs, VPN, VOIP, and QoS.
• BS in computer science or related field
• MCSE Certified
• 5+ years’ industry experience
• 3 years’ experience in supporting a Windows server environment.
• Experience in translating business communication and requirements into technical requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and written skills
• Microsoft Azure experience
• Experience with barracuda firewalls and WAF
• Demonstrated success with problem solving, innovative thinking, project/time management, collaboration, reliability, professionalism, and producing quality work under demanding circumstances
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Team player who is flexible, delivery-oriented
• Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve
Salary Range: 55,000 – 95,000
Send Resume and Employment Application to:
Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission
5 Middlesex Ave. Suite 304
Somerville, MA 02145
Employment Application may be obtained @ www.mass.gov/perac
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.