The PERAC Disability Unit schedules medical panel examinations for public sector employees. We are currently recruiting physicians to examine individuals who have applied for or are receiving disability benefits from one of the Commonwealth’s public retirement systems. If selected, you will be asked to perform objective evaluations to determine disability, permanency, and causality. You may also be asked to evaluate disability retirees to determine if they can be restored to service.
Massachusetts board certified positions we are seeking:
- Pulmonary specialists
- Orthopedic specialists
Please refer to the following publications for more details:
- Overview of the Disability Review Process file size 1MB
- Regional Medical Panel Packet
- Restoration to Service Packet
To apply, please submit:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Massachusetts substitute W-9 form and
- The Commonwealth's Terms and Conditions form
Mail forms to: PERAC Disability Unit, 5 Middlesex Avenue, Suite 304, Somerville, MA 02145
If you have any questions concerning the process, please contact Kate Hogan, Manager of Medical Records at (617) 591-8949.