Information about Local Options
The local options included in the index on this page are those that have generated the greatest interest and inquiries among the retirement boards and their members. Please note that these options do not reflect all of the local option provisions found under Chapter 32.
To view information about local options presented on a board-by-board basis, please visit our Board Profile section.
Select an option below to view detailed information about it, including a description about what the option allows systems to do, links to the relevant statutory citations, related PERAC Memos, and a list of board acceptances. Please note that a "Yes" indicates that PERAC has received proof of option acceptance. A "No" does not necessarily mean that an option has not been accepted. It can mean that even though a retirement board has accepted an option, proof of such acceptance has not been received.
Select Option Below
- Increase in Member-Survivor Minimum Allowance
- 10 Year Ordinary Disability Retirement Eligibility
- Option C Pop-Up
- 3 Year Average Compensation for Termination Allowances
- Placing EMTs in Group 4
- Call Firefighter Creditable Service (1)
- Call Firefighter Creditable Service (2)
- Creditable Service During Layoff for Police and Fire
- Creditable Service While on Leave Acting as a Union Representative
- Supplemental Allowance for Dependents of Accidental Disability Retirees
- Increasing Benefits for Surviving Children of Accidental Disability Retirees
- Disability Retirement Benefits for Veterans:
- Veteran's Buyback
- Increase in 101 Benefit:
- Non-Contributory Retiree Cost of Living Adjustment
- Retirement Board Member Compensation
- Indemnification of Retirement Board Members
- Remote Participation
- Increase COLA Base