Brockton Retirement Board Supplemental Regulations
- August 1, 2011 Any member unit employees who work 20 hours or more a week are required to become members of the City of Brockton Retirement System.
- August 1, 2011 Member unit employees whose regular work schedule is less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for membership.
- August 1, 2011: A member whose entire service is 20+ hours a week since July 1, 1991 shall receive one year of creditable service for each year worked 20+ hours per week.
- August 1, 2011: An employee who becomes a member and who has previously rendered ineligible service may purchase that service back on a prorata basis. Such calculation of creditable service shall be apportioned based on the full-time equivalency of the position.
- August 1, 2011: A member employed 20+ hours a week whose service becomes less than 20 hours a week shall receive credit for his/her service on a pro-rated basis as it relates to the full-time position.
- August 1, 2011: Any member who voluntarily resigns from a qualified position and returns to an ineligible position, shall remain in the retirement system. However, said creditable service will be prorated and calculated as above based on the eligible position from which they resigned.
- June 20, 1991: Board will grant full full-time creditable service to all employees working twenty or more hours per week effective July 1, 1991.