TO: All Retirement Boards
FROM: Joseph E. Connarton, Executive Director
RE: Electronic Document Submission Training
DATE: July 24, 2014
The Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC) is pleased to announce the advent of Secure Electronic Document Transmission. This new system will allow participating retirement boards to securely transmit files for Regional Medical Panels, Disability Transmittal Documents and other secure files via a secure, encrypted electronic process.
In order for your retirement board to participate in this process, staff at your board that process the above documents must complete PERAC’s training. A certificate of completion will be awarded and the recipient will be allowed access to submit encrypted documents upon completion of this training. The training sessions have been scheduled as follows:
- Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 10 AM PERAC Office, Somerville, MA 02145
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 10 AM PERAC Office, Somerville, MA 02145
- Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 10 AM PERAC Office, Somerville, MA 02145
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 10 AM Middlesex County Retirement Board
25 Linnell Circle, Billerica, MA 01865
- Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 10 AM Massasoit Community College Conference Center, 770 Crescent Street, Brockton, MA 02021
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 10 AM Worcester Public Library, Banx Room
3 Salem Square, Worcester, MA 01608
This training will cover the security of transmitted information, the basics of electronic document processing, and PERAC’s protocol.
To make reservations, please e-mail Rose Cipriani at RCipriani@per.state.ma.us.
PERAC will be offering this training for a limited time and class size is limited to 20 individuals. If you encounter difficulties with attending any of the posted dates and locations, please contact Kate Hogan, Manager of Medical Services at (617) 591-8956.