Are my retirement benefits subject to assignment?
No assignment of any right to an annuity, pension, or retirement allowance will be valid
• assignments made pursuant to certain support orders (as discussed above),
• assignments made to provide restitution in instances of dereliction of duty,
• assignments made by a member for the purpose of payment of a health or life insurance
premium, for a policy related to work and in effect on the member's retirement,
• repayments of benefits paid by the Commonwealth for those individuals who have become
• notice of levy issued by the Internal Revenue Service for the purposes of collecting
unpaid federal tax.