Available to all businesses in Massachusetts, MassTaxConnect can currently be used for the following taxes:
- Alcoholic beverages excise
- Ferry embarkation
- International Fuels Tax Agreement for Motor Carriers (IFTA)
- Nonresident motor vehicle excise
MassTaxConnect offers new features that was not available with WebFile for Business. Learn more about these features that are available with MassTaxConnect.
The Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) outlines the tax-related responsibilities of all Massachusetts employers, including:
- Registering with DOR to withhold income tax from employees
- Obtaining completed W-4 tax forms from employees
- Informing DOR of new hires or reinstated employees
- Filing quarterly reports for all wages paid to each employee
The structure of your business will determine how you file your taxes and when. Learn the tax filing requirements for each type of business in Massachusetts.
If your business collects taxes from or releases your patrons from paying state taxes, you are considered a trustee. Find information on state trustee taxes including sales and use tax, room occupancy tax, and withholding tax.
All corporations operating within Massachusetts must pay a corporate excise tax. Learn more about who is subject to this tax, how it is calculated, and how to pay it.
Businesses in Massachusetts may be eligible for tax credits through EDIP, which promotes job creation and business growth throughout the state. These credits may be awarded for the following projects:
- Expansion projects
- Enhanced expansion projects
- Job creation projects
- Manufacturing retention and job growth projects
- Local incentive only projects (either tax increment financing or special tax assessment)
The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED) lists the eligibility requirements for each project. Contact your regional director from the Massachusetts Office of Business Development (MOBD) to discuss your project and learn more about eligibility requirements.
Learn more about the application process for EDIP.
These include Alcoholic Beverages Excise, Fuel Excise, International Fuels Tax Agreement for Motor Carriers (IFTA), and additional forms.